Paid off and slightly upset.

  • rated by 0 users
  • This post has 3 Replies |
  • I have recently found out that at least one of my cards has been paid off for years.  My mistake that I didn't notice it sooner, however I wasn't receiving statements.  In fact, none of the creditors that I have with this program have sent statement in years.  I naively trusted that the estimated balance was fairly accurate.  Now that I know differently, how do I go about in getting money back that the creditors weren't due? I know this isn't CareOne's fault and by no means blame the program, but I need help in figuring out how to move forward from here.

  • you can go under the my programs tab and click adjust balances to change the amount owed to zero, then call the creditor to get a reimbursement check for the over-payment.  

  • Hi SLMiller09,

    Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that your creditor was over paid. However, that is great news that you have paid off some of your debt.


    In order to be refunded for the credit on your account, you will need to contact your creditor directly. If you do not receive statements from your creditor you should be able to go online to find there customer service phone number.


    As you mentioned, we do not receive your creditor statements and the balances that we have on file are estimates. Therefore, we rely on our clients to advise us when ready to payoff or when a creditor has been paid in full.


    If you have not already contacted our servicing department to remove the account that has been paid off please contact us as soon as you can. Our servicing department can be reached by email, through our live chat service located under the Help tab or by calling 800-227-3123. Our hours of operation are Monday – Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm EST.


    I wish you the best!


    Kelly K

    CareOne Community Support Team

  • Hi techgirl2002,

    Thank you for your post. We appreciate you providing the great information.

    That is a great idea to advise to update your account balances online, this is something that we recommend that you do every month, when you receive your monthly statements. However, when an account is paid off, you can adjust the balance online but you also need to contact our servicing department to let us know that the account needs to be removed or the final payment needs to be adjusted.

    Have a great day!


    Kelly K

    CareOne Community Support Team

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)