CareOne Debt Discussions

The employees of CareOne Services, Inc. understand debt, many have experienced their own personal debt challenges. Learn more about why the employees of CareOne understand what it is like to struggle financially.

How You Can Become Frugally Physically Fit

• Comments 1

yoga matSeriously, today is the day I buckle down and actually get back on track with my exercise.  Bathing suit season is not that far away and I’ve realized that as I’ve sat down all day working at a computer.  

Now I’m sure the coffee with cream and the slice of pumpkin spice bread I ate this morning would not necessarily be considered “healthy,” but as I’m writing this, it’s only 9 a.m., and I have the rest of the day to make up for my morning slip up.

I know I’m not the only person who wants to make a lifestyle change to become healthier and more physically fit.  Did you know that more than 80 million Americans go on diets each year? And many more make a resolution to join a gym and start exercising.  The US Food and Drug Administration estimates that consumers spend more than $30 billion each year on exercise programs and products toward weight loss goals.  

Trust me, I’m guilty of wasteful spending on television infomercial exercise modules, weights and gym memberships -- all of which have gone unused. Ironically, I was in the best shape of my life when I was running regularly and my only expense was for a pair of running shoes. The lesson I learned is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to improve your physical fitness.

No matter what your financial situation is, anyone can get fit on a budget. You only need is to carve out time from your schedule to incorporate a new routine. A few minutes a day can do wonders in the long run.

Join me in my commitment to get back on track exercising. To get started, check out my new Frugal Fitness Guide that offers tips to help you break a sweat without breaking your bank! There are also many ways to use free resources in the community for your own fat-burning routine, along with ordinary items in your home.

I’m going to reenergize my regular exercise routine by adding a simple cardiovascular exercise, like walking or jogging, which won’t cost a dime! So dust off the sneakers in your closet, lace up and set a walking goal for yourself.

How long should you walk? Start slow if you’re just getting into the hang of a normal routine. Try 10 minutes three times a week, building up to about 15 minutes or more. Believe it or not, it only takes about 15 minutes to walk a mile, so the more you gradually build your time walking, the longer the distance and the better for your overall fitness!

For more ways to stay frugal and get in shape check out my Frugal Fitness Guide. The guide also gives you ideas for how to find a great workout buddy, whether it’s a friend, a running pal or even your dog!

Got other suggestions or tips you’d like to share on getting fit on pennies a day? Let me know by leaving a comment below!

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • I just checked out the price of a local gym...WOW!!!  No way I am spending that for a year or Month.  i really appreicate your information on staying fit and maintaining a budget.  i will check out the Frugal Fitness Guide.

Thanks Again,

Lois

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)