The Skinny on Budget Grocery Shopping

CareOne Debt Discussions

The employees of CareOne Services, Inc. understand debt, many have experienced their own personal debt challenges. Learn more about why the employees of CareOne understand what it is like to struggle financially.

The Skinny on Budget Grocery Shopping

• Comments 3

Throughout the Month of March, I'll be focusing on how to cut your food expenses to help increase your disposable income. 

Clipping coupons is a great way to get started, and more people are taking advantage of this savings opportunity.  In fact, Americans redeemed 3.3 billion coupons for packaged good in 2009, which is a 27 percent increase from 2008, according to Inmar, a national coupon processing company.  

If you've avoided clipping coupons in the past because you dread whipping out the scissors and searching through the Sunday paper, be aware that times have changed! There are thousands of places online to find coupons with savings on pretty much any product.  

Here are a few strategies on how to take advantage of online coupons. 

• Subscribe to your local grocery store's e-newsletter. Most stores provide special discounts and coupons to subscribers.
  • Take advantage of online coupons sites. The ones I've found most helpful are CouponMom (she includes online coupons from Smartsource and RedPlum, which are my favorite Sunday newspaper coupon circulars), Hot Coupon World and A Full Cup.
  • If you have a smart phone like an iPhone or Droid, you can most likely access various mobile applications that give you access to coupons on the go. Check out Yowza and Coupon Sherpa.
  • You can also use your mobile smart phone to find out if you are buying the best deals available in store. Check out RedLaser and ShopSavvy for cost comparison tools.
  • Check the weekly circulars from your favorite grocery stores at their respective web sites to find out about special in-store promotions and sales.  

I'm always on the look out for good coupon resources. Please let me know your favorite resources for coupons in the Comments.

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • I have found a way to never have to pay for groceries again . Please go to www.mpbtoday.com/mebizwiz  I make at least $500 a week . I challenge you to help yourself and others by forwarding this information. I can show you proof of my check. You do not have to clip coupons ever again. I am helping people put food on their table and have money in the bank. I help non-profits fill their food closets and feed the poor. You may e-mail me at mebizwiz@gmail.com Please forward this information to all that are unemployed and need help. Blessings.

Marissa

• Before my now husband and I began cohabiting, I ate minimally. I would eat most my meals at home.

• Do you ever feel like no one considered increasing the percent of wage increase but forgot to mention that to the cost of living?! Seriously.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)