Happy Friday my frugal friends! As I mentioned in my blog post on Wednesday, it's time to start thinking about back to school necessities-and how to budget for them. Many states have tax-free holidays on clothing, footwear and school supplies to help cut costs for families with school children. So put those tax-free weekends to work for you!

You can find a list of states that have tax-free weekends, as well their dates here from FiveCentNickel.com. But let the buyer beware: Make sure you research and find the specifics on what will be tax-free in your state and how much money you will be saving before you go out and spend your entire budget! If sales tax in your state is not much to begin with, it might be better to wait for other sales. However, in states like Texas where the sales tax is 8.25%, a tax-free holiday can save you a bundle!

Speaking of savings, don't forget to cast your vote for the winners of my Great Money Makeover Contest! I need your help choosing which of our lucky nine finalists will receive a year of one-on-one counseling and a delicious lunch with the Debt Diva (aka moi!). Polls close Wed, June 28 so vote now at http://c1c.bz/ufc!

Here is this week's recommended reading to inspire your savings:

Is It Time To Quit Your Day Job? (Get Rich Slowly)

How to Recover From a Lost Wallet (Bargaineering)

5 Websites to Check Before You Shop Online (mintlife)

Consider Your Options When It Comes to Divorce (Divorce, Debt, and Finances)

Homeowners Use Airbnb's Room-Renting Site to Dodge Foreclosure (Bloomberg Businessweek)

Freebies on Twitter and Facebook (msn Money)

5 Career Tips to Help You Achieve Financial Success (Cash Flow Sherpas)

Vacationing Without Traveling: Taking an Effective "Staycation" (Life Balance)

5 Things That Are Killing Your Budget (Moolanomy)

5 Reasons Why You Will Never Be Rich (Moneyed Up)

Choosing the Right Type of Mortgage (Married and Starting Out)

8 Great Business Ideas You can Start Today (Wise Bread)

How To Get Things Done When You're Feeling Overwhelmed (ProBlogger)

Saving On School Supplies (Almost Frugal)

Follow all of my recommended reading links in real time on my Delicious account: http://www.delicious.com/thedebtdiva 

Not sure how to use Delicious? Check out this great post from Mahalo.com  

Clarky Davis

The Debt Diva, Clarky Davis has more than five years of experience in the debt management industry and more than 10 years of hard-won personal experience with credit cards and debit cards. She knows a lot about living on a limited income. The money saving tips the Debt Diva offers have all been tested and proven by the glamorous girl herself. She now offers these hard-won insights to others seeking to maximize their tight budgets and deal with debt.