CareOne Debt Discussions

The employees of CareOne Services, Inc. understand debt, many have experienced their own personal debt challenges. Learn more about why the employees of CareOne understand what it is like to struggle financially.

Festively Frugal Stocking Stuffers

Rate This
  • Comments 1

Christmas stockings are a favorite tradition in many families but as with all Christmas spending, it can really add up. Here are a few of my favorite frugal stocking stuffers that will keep faces smiling and wallets full!

Craft Supplies can be purchased online or picked up at dollar stores or on sale at stores like Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS:

Food- Stockings included fruit in days of yore, so bring back this tradition and purchase a few fruits that are popular around Christmas! A few large, carefully selected fruits that your kids or your special someone doesn't typically eat can be an exciting addition to a stocking.

Got a sweet tooth in the family? Many groceries stores have bulk bags of candy on sale around the holidays, and these big bags can be split up to help fill several Festively Frugal Stocking Stuffersstockings. And don't forget the candy canes!

Finally, check out stores like TJ Maxx or Marshalls for super discounted marinades and barbeque sauces. They typically have a selection of gourmet brands, and the foodie in your family will appreciate trying something new!

Grooming- We all need basic toiletries, but upgrading to a different brand or a nicer product can make these necessities seem like a luxury. You'd be buying these items for your family anyway; so won't feel like you're wasting your money on knick knacks and clutter.

Cute, yet inexpensive nail polish or hair accessories for girls are a welcome surprise; check out the sales at your drugstore. Finally, kids love electric toothbrushes! Help them brush away all those candies and sweets they're probably eating, many models can be found for around $5.

Necessities- Batteries, thank you cards, and socks are all great stocking stuffers that are practical! While batteries aren't cheap these days, they will probably be needed to fuel a few of those toys under the tree. Try and stock up when they're on sale and fill each child's stocking with the batteries for their corresponding gifts. It's also important to teach your children to be grateful during the holidays, so providing them with some colorful stationery will help them get started after all the presents are unwrapped. Finally, socks! Don't go for generic white ones; colorful, patterned, or extra thick socks will be appreciated during these cold winter months. Try and find value packs that can be split up amongst several stockings.

While the dollar store and the sales aisles at superstores are a great place to find cheap toys, buy just one or two of them and call it a day. You don't want to end up with a bunch of toys that your children will play with for a few minutes before moving on to the bigger gifts under the tree. The best frugal stocking stuffers are reusable like art supplies; inexpensive yet special like fruit or candy, or necessities that your recipients will find useful.

Do you have any favorite stocking stuffers?

Debt DivaClarky Davis

The Debt Diva, Clarky Davis has more than five years of experience in the debt management industry and more than 10 years of hard-won personal experience with credit cards and debit cards. She knows a lot about living on a limited income. The money saving tips the Debt Diva offers have all been tested and proven by the glamorous girl herself. She now offers these hard-won insights to others seeking to maximize their tight budgets and deal with debt.

To follow us click here

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Growing up, my parents were on a really tight budget.  This reminds me of what they did to keep costs low at Christmas time.!  My favorites were the hair ties and barretts my sister and I would find in our stockings.  Happy Holidays!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)