Browse Blogs in MyCareOne Community
Blog Posts
A Straight Talk on Debt A Straight Talk on Debt gives you the real deal on debt, straight from our employees and personal finance experts. Learn more about debt relief plans and how to be financially fit. 5524
CareOne Debt Discussions The employees of CareOne Services, Inc. understand debt, many have experienced their own personal debt challenges. Learn more about why the employees of CareOne understand what it is like to struggle financially. 863
Entrepreneurial Money Management Marci talks about the financial issues & concerns business owners’ face when running their own company. 99
Life Balance Nora and Tim help you find balance when dealing with a stressful debt situation. Learn how to manage stress and enjoy travel without breaking the bank. 919
Major Life Challenges Blog Series We are taking a closer look at some of the big issues we all can face in our lifetime. Each topic will be featured as a blog series. 1386
My Journey out of Debt Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more. 3124
Savvy Spending Savvy Spender knows how to pinch a penny and about being on a budget. She has learned great ways to save money on everyday expenses. 223
  • A Straight Talk on Debt

Success on a Debt Management Plan

• 6 Comments

You got in debt, now it’s up to you to get out. If you smoke, quit! If you eat out too often, quit! This sounds easy enough, right? Of course! Everything sounds easy; the hard part is actually doing it!

• CareOne Debt Discussions

Sleigh Bells Ring... It’s Christmas in July!

• 0 Comments
    Lovely July…most people are thinking about cook outs and evenings at the pool. Me…I’m having visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. Yes darling, I’m dreaming of a white Christmas. ...
  • Retired and Loving It

Buying a Car – Patience Pays

• 0 Comments
    Well, we bit the bullet and went shopping the end of May for a newer car with low miles and great gas mileage. What an adventure it turned out to be taking the whole day from 12:00 pm until 6:00 pm before we drove out of the dealership with our new-used car. But what interesting things I learned as I watched Hubby negotiate with the salesman to get everything he wanted in our 2008 model. ...

Fabulous Finds on Fox & Friends!

• 0 Comments
    If I can make it there…I'll make it anywhere…It's up to you, New York, New Yooooorrrrrkkkkkk! Yes, that’s how I felt after wrapping up my second segment on Sunday’s Fox & Friends show. It was so much fun, and everyone was friendly and nice. After speaking about how consumers are cutting their spending and adopting a lifestyle of frugality, I received emails from viewers asking about the various items I discussed that can be purchased at a deep discount. Here’s the information in case you want to include these items on your shopping list. ...
  • Balancing Family

Back to School Shopping

• 0 Comments
    I just came back from shopping at a big box store and I am in shock. It is early July, school has only been over for three weeks with seven weeks to go before it begins again and yet the “Back to School” displays are already up! The “Back to School” shopping season seems to get bigger and lasts longer every year. And the stores want us to spend lots of money, so how do you get through it? Here are some ways I save money as the start of school approaches. ...

Cheap can be chic! Frugal is the new black

• 3 Comments
    As consumers keep their heads above water during these tough economic times, many are embracing an important lifestyle change -- frugality. It's not about denying yourself the things you love. ...

Motivation

• 2 Comments

A large amount of reliable information about how to pay off your debt, live on a budget, and save money for the future is available to you, it’s  up to you to use it!

• Savvy Spending

Summer With Kids

• 1 Comments
    Be prepared, what a good motto! It's July and the Summer is in full swing. They are looking for things to do and it seems everything is so costly!!! This is a time I really need to be savvy with my spending and creative with my ideas, for them, for my pocket and for my sanity!! It's their favorite time of year, and mine too --- as long as I'm prepared! ...
  • Life Balance

Reward Yourself

• 0 Comments
    My next piece of advice: plan something rewarding for the end of your day. When I was deep in debt, it was sometimes really hard to even get out of bed. The truth is, sometimes I just didn’t feel like facing the day. I didn’t want to deal with my grocery bill or our broken air conditioner or the fact that, every time I turned around, my daughter was growing out of all her clothes. ...
  • Balancing Family

How I Became the Money Mom

• 1 Comments
    “Mommy, can I buy the Raven football, pleassssse,” pleaded my oldest as we tried to extract ourselves from the toy and sporting department of our local big box store. My middle child chimed in, “But I want a new Pet Shop too badly.” I had to take all three children shopping with me today as my husband had to bring home work over the weekend, and I explained ahead of time that we could look briefly at these beloved departments but no purchases. It is hard to say “No” to a begging child, but one way I have learned to save money in order to make ends meet on mostly one income is to avoid buying new items, especially from a child who is pleading, begging, having a tantrum, etc....
  • Retired and Loving It

Debt Free Retirement

• 2 Comments
    Debt is like an albatross that hangs around your neck and never lets you have peace. It can consume your thoughts and rob you of joy in your life. The friction and arguments it creates has destroyed so many marriages. Sometimes it’s not always the lack of money but how one spends it that leads to the often heard remarks, “You don’t need another pocketbook or blouse or pair of shoes”. Ask many women why they continue to work and maintain some independence and they will tell you they will never go back to “asking for money” in their marriage again or justifying things they may want to purchase for their home. Even in retirement, so many people still work just for that little bit of extra income to travel and have the ability to maintain the same lifestyle as when they had their careers. ...
  • In College and Starting Out

Back to School...Save Where You Can

• 0 Comments
    Back….to…school. These three simple words can evoke a wide spectrum of emotions. Excited to see old friends and meet new ones, happy to be back on your own, and unfortunately stress from the millions of errands needed to prepare. Furniture, clothes, toiletries, pens, paper, notebooks, folders, binders, food, appliances, and don’t forget about books. All of these items can start to add up, and quick. After a few years of paying unnecessarily out the ears, I’ve picked up a few tips and tricks on how to cut the costs. ...
  • In College and Starting Out

College and Debt

• 0 Comments
    College is often referred to as the best four years of your life. I personally would have to agree. It is a time for learning, experiencing new things, meeting new people, and becoming independent. An education may qualify as one of the best investments you can make in our modern world. This is particularly true with today’s job market and it’s continuously rising standards. An education is more than worth it, but it can be extremely costly! Without proper preparation and smart money management, an expensive education can lead you down the dangerous path to debt....

Where's the Prize Patrol When You Need It?

• 0 Comments

Dear Ed, What happened? Your $6 million estate is in foreclosure? I don’t understand. Overspending? Yes. It happens to the best of us. But you were the host of “Star Search,” which brought us the ever entertaining Britney Spears. I understand you’ve had a couple divorces, and in California that’s a costly expense…but have you thought about starting a savings account? XOXO The Debt Diva

• Savvy Spending

The Gas Crunch

• 0 Comments
    Ouch, Max just filled up our 25 gallon tank and, here we go, triple digits --- 100 Buckaroos!!!! It seems like just a short time ago we were worried about gas prices going up to $2/gal., then more recently $3 and now we’ve hit $4! It doesn’t matter how rich or poor you are, everyone and anyone who drives a car has to be feeling this crunch. ...

Times are Tough

• 1 Comments

Everyone is feeling the pinch. Groceries, gasoline, and heating and air conditioning bills have skyrocketed over the past several months and wages are stagnating. This is requiring families who may have already been under a financial strain to stretch the family budget even further.

Feeling Sick? It Could Be Your Debt

• 1 Comments
    Not only can debt be detrimental to your financial security, it can cause serious health issues as well. In Jeannie Versa’s article for the Associate Press Debt making people feel sick she writes, “When people are dealing with mountains of debt, they’re much more likely to report health problems, too, according to an Associated Press AOL Health poll. And not just little stuff; this means ulcers, severe depression, even heart attacks,” ...

Learning on the Road to Becoming Debt Free

• 8 Comments

As I began to build a company to help consumers overwhelmed by their debt, I wanted to make certain that when our customers finished their debt repayment program, they were able to face managing their money going forward with confidence. 

• Life Balance

Putting it in Perspective

• 2 Comments
    It took a long time before I stopped being insanely jealous of every single person around me. I used to look at others who seemed to be living such carefree lives: going out to dinner, planning extravagant vacations, renovating their house. And here I was, pretty much living paycheck to paycheck, in hopes of eventually getting myself out of this deep, dark hole. It just didn’t seem fair. ...

Can One Be Frugal and Fabulous?

• 1 Comments
    Darlings, it’s days...no, mere moments until I'm heading off with my girlfriends to see the movie of the year for all Divas -- Sex and the City. I am a huge fan of Carrie Bradshaw and an even bigger fan of her bottomless closet of designer clothes and shoes. For a lady like myself living on a limited budget, I consider Carrie and her stable of luxury goods as the pinnacle of fabulous style. I couldn't help but splurge on the purchase of the latest edition of Vogue magazine featuring Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie. ($3.99 Yikes! But I'm totally sure that it will be a collector's edition one day.) ...
  • Savvy Spending

Savvy Spender's Story

• 0 Comments
    Never pay full price!!!! This statement has become my way of life as I have learned (1) that everything is negotiable and (2) the importance of researching every purchase. This thought process didn’t just happen and I certainly was not born with it. Now, being a working mom of 4 kids, 2 dogs and a husband, I had to learn the value of a dollar and how important it is to make it stretch. In this Savvy Spender blog, I will share many of my real life experiences of my creative ways of saving money and budgeting our family expenses. I’ll even admit to some of my spending blunders and take you through my “should’ve done’s”! ...
  • Life Balance

Wherever There's Debt, There's Stress

• 1 Comments
    Being in debt sucks. I know because I was once there. And believe me when I say that debt goes so far beyond an empty wallet: It can affect nearly every aspect of your life, from your relationship with your spouse and your kids…to how you see yourself. There’s just so much stress involved with being in debt that it truly begins to consume you. Over time, though, I began to learn how to deal with these emotions—and that’s when things really started to look up. In this Life Balance blog, I’ll share with you what I did to stay sane when it sometimes felt like I was going to fall apart. My sincere hope is that this blog will help you learn how to deal with these emotions as well, because I firmly believe that a good mental state is one of the single most important tools in becoming debt-free. ...

Keep Your Grocery Bill In Check as Food Costs Rise!

• 2 Comments
    No. I don’t want to get out of bed this morning…I don’t want to grab my newspaper with my morning coffee and turn on the television news. It’s all just too much to take. I feel like I’m constantly being smacked in the face with a frying pan filled with bad news about rising costs, stagnant salaries and mortgage meltdowns....

Feather Your Nest With A Tax Rebate

• 0 Comments
    It’s almost too good to be true! A check, a glorious check is coming in the mail just for me! Could the U.S Government possibly compete with Santa? Well, it’s trying....

Tax Rebates Are On The Way!

• 0 Comments

This is an attempt by the government to stimulate the economy by providing people with “free” money to spend on anything and everything from groceries to big screen televisions.

Page 106 of 107 (2,670 items) «103104105106107