Browse Blogs in MyCareOne Community
Blog Posts
A Straight Talk on Debt A Straight Talk on Debt gives you the real deal on debt, straight from our employees and personal finance experts. Learn more about debt relief plans and how to be financially fit. 5732
CareOne Debt Discussions The employees of CareOne Services, Inc. understand debt, many have experienced their own personal debt challenges. Learn more about why the employees of CareOne understand what it is like to struggle financially. 890
Entrepreneurial Money Management Marci talks about the financial issues & concerns business owners’ face when running their own company. 103
Life Balance Nora and Tim help you find balance when dealing with a stressful debt situation. Learn how to manage stress and enjoy travel without breaking the bank. 940
Major Life Challenges Blog Series We are taking a closer look at some of the big issues we all can face in our lifetime. Each topic will be featured as a blog series. 1393
My Journey out of Debt Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more. 3141
Savvy Spending Savvy Spender knows how to pinch a penny and about being on a budget. She has learned great ways to save money on everyday expenses. 227
  • Retired and Loving It

Tips for Retiring Boomers

• 0 Comments

There are many baby boomers that are headed for retirement that are losing sleep each night. They are not worrying about having enough money, but are concerned about what they are going to do with the rest of their lives.

• Just Graduated and Starting Out

A Positive Interview Is Important!

• 0 Comments

Like so many people, I dread interviewing.  Interviews stress me out, but even though they make me feel uncomfortable, going on interviews is a great way to learn how to interview.  

• Single and Settling In

Project Redecorate #4: Dining Room...Life Gets in the Way!

• 2 Comments

I was really hoping to have a fully redecorated dining room to show off today. No matter how much you prepare, plan, save, etc., sometimes life just never goes the way you planned. 

• Retired and Loving It

Money Saving Travel Tips

• 0 Comments

Traveling can be expensive, and for those of us in our retirement years, living on a fixed income, we have to stick to a budget. In this blog I will share some tips for saving money when you travel.  

• Balancing Family

7 Things to do with kids OTHER than shop!

• 0 Comments

When my kids were younger I used to take them to the mall just to have something to do.  After all, being at home all day with a very needy infant or fussy 1 and 3 year olds can drive even the best mom around a little stir crazy.  Unfortunately, in my attempt to be part of the "real world" I would spend money I did not have.  After all, I was at the mall and those sale signs are pretty big.  Fortunately I found other things to do with my kids other than shop. Here are some ideas to break those bad shopping habits.

• Retired and Loving It

Financial Security-Part One

• 0 Comments

With our volatile stock market, dropping property values, and mounting unemployment, we are all faced with a turbulent economy. How can you find financial security, especially if you are approaching your retirement years?

• Retired and Loving It

Financial Security-Part Two

• 0 Comments

Today I would like to share some more ideas regarding financial dilemmas and situations you may be encountering in this economy.

• Settling Into Blended Finances

The Holiday Shuffle

• 0 Comments

Whether this is your first holiday as a blended family or your tenth, you are probably in the planning stages for "The Holiday Shuffle".  The holidays are hectic enough for the traditional family but even more so for the blended family, as the kids also most likely have a whole other family!

• Retired and Loving It

Leisure Tips on a Budget

• 0 Comments

Many people have dreamed about their retirement years offering more time for leisure activities and travel. Now you have the time, but do you have the money?

• Balancing Family

Beating the Heat Cheap: Fun, cool, and "cheap" summer activities for kids

• 3 Comments

Some summers days are just plain hot!  Here are some ideas for things to do that are cool, fun, and cheap when you want to beat the summer heat.

• A Straight Talk on Debt

Step Up

• 0 Comments

I see too many people who get caught up in the small stuff. It's like they're trapped in a spider's web of the little annoyances and petty achievements in life. Yet they wonder why they never achieve their dreams, or move on to bigger and better things. 

• Settling Into Blended Finances

Divide & Conquer

• 1 Comments

We have been an official blended family for two months now, and living under the same roof for a year. The boys have quickly learned at their young age how to divide and conquer to get what they want; a new toy, more dessert, a later bedtime-they are master manipulators. So where does that leave us, the parents? It leaves us at odds with each other, and the kids eating lollipops until eleven o’clock at night.

• Retired and Loving It

How Retirement Has Changed

• 0 Comments

When I think back to when my Dad retired from his job, after spending 40 years with the telephone company, I am amazed. To spend 40 years with the same company in this day and age would be unheard of!

• In College and Starting Out

Joining “Clubs” in College

• 0 Comments

Being a member of any sort of college organization is a great move. Whether it's an honor society, sorority/fraternity, SGA, etc., joining these organizations are a great way to meet new people, make friends, enhance your resume, and build skills. Joining a "club" or two demonstrates that you are well-rounded and active in your community. Having these skills and activities listed on your resume may help you land your first job!

Consolidating While in College

• 0 Comments

With all the worries of school and work on a college students mind - there is little time to think about their finances.  Understandably, it's hard to think about money when you have a twenty page paper due and exams, but you have to make your finances a priority!   

• CareOne Debt Discussions

Day One Recap: The Debt Diva's 2009 Holiday Giveaway

• 0 Comments

I haven't had my first glass of eggnog yet, it definitely feels like the holidays! Yesterday, I kicked off my holiday giveaway and received many great entries from my Facebook fans and Twitter followers. 

• Just Graduated and Starting Out

Taking Advantage of Summer Break

• 0 Comments

For college students, the months of April and May mean one of two things - graduation or the start of summer break. 

• Life Balance

Plant a Tree

• 0 Comments

There are events in our lives when we feel the need to do something more. Take an anniversary, a graduation, a special birthday; how can a Hallmark card even come close to the pride we're feeling?

• Balancing Family

Teaching Kids Smart Saving Strategies

• 3 Comments

My kids are great consumers, if they had their way they would buy anything their hearts wanted and have no money in the bank, plus be in debt to me!It is up to me (and their dad) to teach them to be savvy and smart with their money. If I am smart and savvy with my money, they are more likely to follow suit, and I have learned that is very helpful to admit mistakes and use them as teachable moments. There is a balance to teaching kids about money so that they learn to use money wisely but not worry needlessly. As with parenting kids, there is no one "right" way, but you can use these ideas to help your kids be money smart.

• My Journey out of Debt

3 Ways to Save Money & Get Ahead With Summer School

• 0 Comments

It's summer, the temperatures are rising, and the beach is starting to sound pretty good.  But, it may be a good idea to think twice about skipping summer school.

• Single and Settling In

How Did We Get Here?

• 0 Comments

I'm two years into my Debt Management Plan and some days I still find myself thinking: "This is crazy! How, how, HOW did I get here?"

• Life Balance

Do a Puzzle

• 1 Comments

As the weather gets cooler, you will probably find yourself spending more time indoors. As a result, the temptation to zone out in front of the TV for hours is very easy to do.

Why not use this "need for escape" in a positive way? Gather the family around the dining room table, and break open a jigsaw puzzle.

• Single and Settling In

At the movies: Staying cool and under budget

• 0 Comments

Sometimes the best answer is just to bag it and go to the movies. It's cool in there (frigid actually-- I always bring a light sweater, even in the swampiness of summer) and depending on how you play it, you can spend a whole afternoon feeling comfortable and entertained.  

• Single and Settling In

Goodbye Cable...

• 2 Comments

That's right, it's been about four years since I last had hundreds of channels at my fingertips. And I've lived to tell about it.

Frugal Gift Giving Tips for College Students

• 0 Comments

Our new college credit blogger Michelle walks you through frugal gift ideas for her family and friends.  The pressure to give holiday gifts has given her the inspiration to make good use of her resources and talents on a shoestring budget.

Page 103 of 107 (2,670 items) «101102103104105»