Browse Blogs in MyCareOne Community
Blog Posts
A Straight Talk on Debt A Straight Talk on Debt gives you the real deal on debt, straight from our employees and personal finance experts. Learn more about debt relief plans and how to be financially fit. 5732
CareOne Debt Discussions The employees of CareOne Services, Inc. understand debt, many have experienced their own personal debt challenges. Learn more about why the employees of CareOne understand what it is like to struggle financially. 890
Entrepreneurial Money Management Marci talks about the financial issues & concerns business owners’ face when running their own company. 103
Life Balance Nora and Tim help you find balance when dealing with a stressful debt situation. Learn how to manage stress and enjoy travel without breaking the bank. 940
Major Life Challenges Blog Series We are taking a closer look at some of the big issues we all can face in our lifetime. Each topic will be featured as a blog series. 1393
My Journey out of Debt Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more. 3141
Savvy Spending Savvy Spender knows how to pinch a penny and about being on a budget. She has learned great ways to save money on everyday expenses. 227
  • Retired and Loving It

It's Always Sunny in Florida

• 0 Comments

What a fantastic place to live: Florida, the Sunshine State! Since we moved here, we feel as though we're on a constant vacation

• Single and Settling In

Project Redecorate #5 - Half Bath

• 0 Comments
    I save the best, or easiest, for last! One more room and I have completed the redecorating of the downstairs to my home. It took over a year, but well worth it! My home has a fresh, unique look and the best part - no credit cards used, budget still intact and it didn't break my bank! Before I start my journey up the stairs for 2010, I have to finish a small half bath. I like bathrooms, because they are easy and you can really have some fun with them. This is an area that in most cases guests will always go to, so you actually want to make it a comfortable area to be in! My before pics may be hard to see, but for the most part it is a very basic bathroom with very tall, bare, white walls. I am going to really try to do something neat in this...
  • Single and Settling In

Be Your Own Tour Guide

• 1 Comments

Do you really know where you live?  I mean really know?  I finally decided it was time to learn more about what is in my own backyard!

• CareOne Debt Discussions

Start Your Own Summer Camp

• 0 Comments
    Enjoy spending time with children? If you happen to be a school teacher looking make extra cash during your summer months off, you could offer your services as a summer day camp counselor....
  • My Journey out of Debt

At the movies: Staying cool and under budget

• 0 Comments

Sometimes the best answer is just to bag it and go to the movies. It's cool in there (frigid actually-- I always bring a light sweater, even in the swampiness of summer) and depending on how you play it, you can spend a whole afternoon feeling comfortable and entertained.  

• In College and Starting Out

Declaring a Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science Degree

• 0 Comments

When starting college, I wasn't sure what path to follow or what major to declare; it took me a few years until I decided on the perfect major for me.  When I declared my major, I also had to choose between a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Science degree.  This entire process can be confusing and stressful.   

• Single and Settling In

Project Redecorate #4: Formal or Casual

• 0 Comments

So how does a single person, in debt, on a limited budget redecorate their house? Well, the CareOne Single and in Debt blogger, Katie is going to find out! The house she currently lives in is her first home that she purchased on her own. It is a cute house in a nice neighborhood and more importantly it is hers. However, the challenge of being single and in debt has given her a tight budget to work with when redecorating her home. Follow her journey as she goes from "Oh my gosh" to Totally Posh on a very tight budget. In this post Katie shows you the before photos of her dining room and shares her ideas.

• Life Balance

Release Your Inner Artist

• 0 Comments

Feeling stressed, anxious, or overwhelmed? Grab a box of crayons and some paper-and set your inner artist free. Drawing a simple picture or coloring in a coloring book can help you relax and temporarily forget about your everyday worries.

• Life Balance

Read to a Child

• 0 Comments

If you've ever read a story out loud to a group of children, you can't mistake the look on their faces:  expressions of pure wonder. Their chin is in their hands, their elbows are on their knees, and they're sitting Indian-style, hanging on your every word.

• Retired and Loving It

HOW TO FLEX YOUR MEMORY MUSCLE

• 0 Comments

Brain function and memory affects every facet of our daily lives. Try these strategies to stay mentally sharp and alert and staying productive and interested in life.

• Single and Settling In

A Costly Appetite

• 0 Comments

Food.  The one thing that's been the hardest for me to budget for has been food. 

• Balancing Family

Cheap Halloween Treats

• 0 Comments

Halloween is my kids' second favorite holiday.  It does not get much better than dressing up and getting candy!  But like with most American events these days, it has gotten bigger and more expensive.  Costumes are expensive and can be poorly made.  This blog will explore some ideas, which will get your trick-or-treater dressed for less.

• Life Balance

Become More Zen

• 0 Comments

When I was struggling with debt, I often carried an attitude of what I now recognize as "jaded negativity." I stopped seeing the good in things, and was even downright cynical at times.

• Entrepreneurial Money Management

Entrepreneur in the New Year - Budgeting and Forecasting

• 0 Comments

Being entrepreneurial by nature generally means a "faith in the future" approach to where your revenue may comes  from. For your sake and your family's sake, let's try to take some of the guess work out of the equation.

• Single and Settling In

Project Redecorate #4-Dining Room Unveil

• 1 Comments

So I jinxed myself.  What I said would be the easiest room to redecorate has turned into the most frustrating!  Despite the drama, my dining room is done - finally!  After countless "visions" and ideas things finally fell into place. I have to say I am pretty happy with the outcome. 

• Balancing Family

How to Save Money on Back-to-School Shopping for Kids Clothes

• 0 Comments

Back-to-school clothing shopping can be a daunting task.  And it can be a very expensive one, too.  Combine overcrowded stores, inflated prices, and whiny kids who want $60 jeans, and it is enough to make a mom fork over her credit card just to regain some sanity.  With a budget and some planning, you do not need to overspend, and perhaps you will even look forward to this time with your children. 

• Balancing Family

Saving on Birthday Parties for Kids

• 0 Comments

Birthday parties for kids can cost a small fortune these days.  You don't need to break the bank to have a fun time celebrating a child's birthday. Here are some tested suggestions for keeping the price tag down but the level of fun high.

• Balancing Family

Grocery Shopping with Kids on a Budget

• 1 Comments
    I carry lollipops in my bag. They are not a treat for me, but I have found them to be a lifesaver when I am grocery shopping with my kids. They help to keep my kids strapped into the cart or push car so I can concentrate on my list and prices. By the time the lollipop is finished we have made it to the bakery and the free cookie or the deli for the free cheese slice. Some people leave their kids at home, but I usually shop during the week when the stores are less crowded, the lines are shorter (I hate self-check out machines) and no one is tired. Shopping for groceries on a budget with children in tow is getting harder and harder. I am a price watcher, and in the past nine months I have watched the prices of many of our staples rise, some more than a third. Milk used to be less than $3 a gallon, now it almost $4. Eggs were 99 cents, now they are over $2 a dozen. I am also the kind of person who can go to a grocery store with a list of seven needed items and push out a cart full and a $100 less in my checking account. So, I have been making some changes to lower my grocery bill while feeding the different tastes of my family of five. ...
  • Life Balance

Cook Healthy Meals at Home

• 1 Comments

One of the most important things to focus on when you're stressed is eating well. Stress makes it more difficult for your body to absorb key vitamins and nutrients. So if you're not paying attention to your nutrition, your health is going to suffer. I learned this the hard way. I was always feeling run down and every time I turned around I had a cold. Eating well wasn't a priority for me when I was working my way out of debt. In my mind, I had bigger things to worry about.

• Balancing Family

Get Ready for the Summer Without Breaking the Bank

• 0 Comments
    “Mom, what are we going to do tomorrow? And the day after that? And the day after that?” I often hear this from my oldest child who likes to know in advance what is going on. During the school year this usually involves talking about what we plan to do afterschool, which usually does not involve too much as there is homework, dinner, baths, books, and playing with friends in the neighborhood when we can.. But in the summertime, the days are long, no longer does school occupy their time, and mom needs to plan. In summer pasts I have sometimes gotten to the end of the week and wondered where did my money go? Keeping three kids busy all summer long can be expensive, but it does not have to be. So here are some ideas for keeping kids busy and learning...
  • Single and Settling In

Think About Volunteering

• 0 Comments

If it was the weekend and I was bored, I would go and walk around a mall, and then buy things I didn't need, meet friends for lunch or dinner, or do something equally "money consuming" just to fill my time.  So, I had to make a change.  I started really thinking about what I enjoyed doing, and how I could incorporate that into not spending money. 

• Balancing Family

Fishing With Kids

• 3 Comments
    “Look mom, I caught a sunfish!” my son yelled. My eight year old son has on his summer list to go fishing in three new places. Last week, we packed up the fishing gear and headed to a lake where we had never fished before. A helper at a local sporting goods store had spent about fifteen minutes with my son the previous day telling him about some good fishing spots and helping him spend his allowance on fishing lures. I find fishing a great way to get kids outdoors; it engages them in an activity that can be as simple or complex as desired and it increases their awareness of the environment and the impact humans have on it. It is also a lot of fun and very exciting when a fish is caught even if the fish will be released so it can return home. ...
  • In College and Starting Out

H1N1 and College Students

• 0 Comments

When I was in college, the last thing on my mind was my health.  My thoughts were filled with classes, exams, papers, and work.  Everything else just seemed more important than a stuffy nose.  It's no myth that college students are too busy to worry about their health.  A runny nose or cough can seem like no reason to miss a class or a weekend football game, but with the H1N1 flu epidemic, that may be the best reason to stay home.

• Settling Into Blended Finances

The X-Factor

• 0 Comments

Anyone who has been in a relationship married or otherwise, and has children as a result is forced to deal with the X-Factor. For some of us dealing with the ex is amicable, for others it is comparable to a constant migraine, annoying bug bite, or recurring nightmare; none of which are pleasant. 

• Single and Settling In

Always Choose Paper

• 0 Comments

How are you choosing to celebrate Earth Day?  For me, it is another good reminder about why choosing paper (cash) over plastic (credit cards) is not just good for our environment, it is good for me! 

Page 104 of 107 (2,670 items) «102103104105106»