My husband and I both work for ourselves. He runs a mid-sized construction company, and I do Web development.

Even though we come from opposite sides of the work force, we do have one thing in common; if presented the choice of spending 2 hours more at work, or 2 hours on a date, we both unconsciously pick work each time.

Our relationship is great -- neither of us have any complaints. So why do we work all the time? Prioritizing work above all else seems to be inherent in the entrepreneur mindset. It's not wrong per se, but it requires an enormous amount of patience and understanding from your significant other.  

For Valentine's this year, I am going to make myself think about something other than work, not because my husband is asking for it, but because it seems like the right thing to do. After 6 anniversaries/birthdays/holidays in a row without even exchanging cards, I feel guilty. I am sure if I questioned my husband, he would say he feels guilty too because we have both been skipping. 

We don't have a lot of extra money because of the recession, so I'm thinking something simple and maybe hand-made may be in order. Maybe a special gourmet dinner and a nice bottle of wine... Do I dare break out the candles? 

Honestly, I'm so rusty at this, I almost don't even know where to start! What are you doing for Valentine's Day this year?  Is there a better idea out there I'd love to hear it.