Finding Money (Literally) With the Prosperity Game

Life Balance

Nora and Tim help you find balance when dealing with a stressful debt situation. Learn how to manage stress and enjoy travel without breaking the bank.

Finding Money (Literally) With the Prosperity Game

Rate This
  • Comments 9

Why do good things happen to people with sunny dispositions (alternately, bad luck plagues those already under the weather)? This may not be a coincidence.

What if by playing a simple game for three weeks you could literally attract money into your life? Would you try it?

Finding Money (Literally) With the Prosperity GameIntroducing: The Prosperity Game.

The Prosperity Game is a fun exercise involving receiving and spending increasing amounts of virtual money over three weeks.

A few years ago, I was introduced to The Prosperity Game whilst building a business and struggling to make ends meet. Although I was skeptical and played somewhat noncommittally, I couldn't deny the results by the third week: I was literally finding money in the streets (and not petty cash either!), receiving cheques in the mail (no, really!), and having new lucrative business accounts come to me effortlessly.

The Concept

The documentaries "The Secret" and "What the Bleep do we Really Know"? introduce concepts of quantum physics and the law of attraction. Although they may seem esoteric, they center around scientifically proven theories.

These theories suggest that everything - even thoughts - have vibrational frequencies, and under the premise of "like attracts like", if you consciously determine the frequency of your thoughts and actions, it can affect results throughout your life.

So by holding the right thoughts and attitude towards money, you can actually attract it into your life.

This works both ways. For example, let's say you're tired of getting bills in the mail. Each time you approach your mailbox, you say "please, not another bill". The problem is, you're still focusing on the bills themselves. So what do you get? Bills.

If instead you approach your mailbox knowing that there's something good in there - a cheque perhaps - you're sending out vibrations that are attracting good things into your life, not an attempt at repelling the bad.

Origination

The Prosperity Game itself is a concept developed by Abraham-Hicks (expert on law of attraction and positive thought). It's designed to help you direct your thoughts - and vibrations - to a positive spectrum, thus creating positive outcomes.

It's based on the practice of bringing money into your life, then letting it go. Under the three principles of abundance, you attract what you want into your life, enjoy it, and trust that there's always more where it came from. You operate from a place of abundance, not scarcity.

How to Play

1) Make a list of 100 things you want to be, do, or have. This opens up your mind and sparks your imagination for the Prosperity Game itself. I'll bet you actually struggle to reach 100 things!

2) Each day you'll receive a virtual cheque. Day one, you get $1,000. Day two: $2,000. Day three: $3,000. And so on, for three weeks. You can actually create cheques, or use a journal or spreadsheet to track these amounts.

3) You must spend this money every day! You can't save it, invest it, or give it away. This is about you, knowing there will be more money tomorrow, and understanding you deserve it! Enjoy it! Treat yourself. (Virtually, of course).

Lastly, be sincere about playing the game. You can even turn it into a family affair, thus amplifying your real-life results (but each family member should get their own cheques to spend as they wish). Play the Prosperity Game, and see where you find money.

RELATED ARTICLES

New Year's Resolution: Focus on the Positive

Staying Positive in Turbulent Times

Nora Dunn Life Balance Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief ServiesNora Dunn

Nora Dunn is The Professional Hobo: a full-time traveler and freelance writer. She is a contributing writer under the CareOne Debt Relief Services Life Balance blog. Having sold her business and belongings to travel, she has been on the road since 2007. She travels in a financially sustainable manner, taking advantage of creative volunteering positions. As a former certified Financial Planner, she is financially responsible for her actions along the way. She believes there is a fine balance between planning for tomorrow, and living for today. Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services. You can follow Nora on Twitter @hobonora

To follow CareOne click here!

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • I like this idea!! I would think it would relieve stress thus make for relaxed body and mind. I think I will try this.

• This sounds like a fun creative game . I'm going to have to try that! Thanks for sharing !

• Do you think this really works? Really?

• @Alicia - I was skeptical about the exercise when I did it myself, but I couldn't deny the results....the law of attraction can be very strong!

• When you approach your life with total gratitude, the resulting opportunities can be profound. Sometimes it leads to financial profit, sometimes other kinds.

• Reaching your goals can be a tiresome slog, but it doesn't have to be an act of sheer miserable force of will. Here are some tips to help you maintain the discipline to reach your goals - with minimal pain and lots to gain.

• Hi Nora! Just reading this article today. I'm going to give it a go, what have I got to lose?

• really liked your blog thus far, but I think this statement of yours:

>The documentaries "The Secret" and "What the Bleep do we Really Know"? introduce concepts of quantum physics and the law of attraction. >Although they may seem esoteric, they center around scientifically proven theories.

kind or ruins it for me. "quantum communication" doesn't only sound esoteric, it's in fact completely madeup concept which uses scientific-sounding buzzwords to appear credible. In the words of one of the greatest physicists of all times, Richard Feynman: "Pure cargo-cult science". Nothing wrong with maintaining a positive attitude toward things, especially whilst travelling, but promoting the believe in "postive vibrations", "spectra" and such kind. A definitive no-go for me....

• Even if it doesn't work, who cares?  What a fun thing to do with the family!  All kids should be taught to daydream about how they want their life to look!!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment