Major Life Challenges Blog Series

We are taking a closer look at some of the big issues we all can face in our lifetime. Each topic will be featured as a blog series.

What My Sick Child Taught Me

• Comments 5

What My Sick Child Taught MeMy son Aiden was 10-months-old and walking. A lot. All over the place. And fast. Well, as fast as a former wobbly 10-month-old who just has to touch everything could go.

I was back at work so he was enrolled in daycare, and by the end of his first week there, his teachers had nicknamed him, "Mr. Busy," a name that would follow him through the Toddler Class, 2's Program, and 3's Program. He was a little rambunctious firecracker. (He still is.)  

One day while I was at work trying to make it through the day, my phone rang. When I saw the daycare's number pop up on my cell phone screen, I sighed deeply. Just the week before, I received a call from the daycare because Aiden was sick and needed to go home. I hope he's not sick again, I thought to myself. I didn't want to be known as "that lady" who always neededto leave work early because of an emergency.  

When I answered the phone, I got the news. The scary news. Aiden had fallen while playing around in the blocks area and there was a deep cut above his right eye. Ouch. It looked like he would need stitches. 

I fumbled to gather my things together, headed to my supervisor's office to tell her that I needed to leave immediately, and made my way across NYC to Aiden's daycare, all while my heart was racing. And all while my mind was racing too. As I prayed and hoped for the best, I cursed myself for even being slightly annoyed at the sight of the daycare's phone number on my screen.

It mattered not what my co-workers or colleagues or supervisor thought of me if Aiden was not okay. Period. 

That's when I knew that although my career is important to me and means a lot to me, the most important role is taking care of Aiden, which is equal parts stressful and rewarding. (The rewards make the stresses so worth it, though.) 

I ended up taking Aiden to the hospital where he received his first (and hopefully his last) three stitches. The doctors asked me to hold him down while they were stitching him up, and to say that is was heartbreaking and painful and one of the most difficult things that I ever had to do is an understatement. If I could have taken his pain away and taken his place by getting the stitches for him, I would have... in a New York minute.  

But I got through it. Because I knew that's what my son needed from me.  

And I'd do it again and again... in a New York minute.  

I learned that as parents, when our children are sick, nothing else matters but their health, wellbeing, and knowing that they are loved by us. Because, when it's all said and done, that's all that really matters anyhow.

Alicia HarperAlicia Harper

Alicia Harper, M.A., Ed.M. is a single mother, blogger, and recent graduate of Columbia University turned Mental Health Therapist. Her life is filled with all things pink, except for the one bit of blue - her rambunctious 4-year-old son. Together they make a great pair, and Alicia chronicles the trials and triumphs of being a young, single mother living in NYC at Mommy Delicious.

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • I've just used this guy's services and he's a legit black hat hacker, he can handle social network hacks, emails and school grade hacks, he's actually the real deal, I was initially skeptical as I already got scammed before but he did come through, his email is lawsonmichael33@yahoo.com and you can also text him on +1 646-652-6107

• My name is Kate Morgan, i was able to spy on my cheating ex-Husband phone without him finding out.....it really helped my lawyer during my divorce i have been scammed so many times but Hackgenius is the best hacker i have met he helped me regain my freedom and lost money by scammers ...you can contact hackjunkies@gmail.com for spying and hacking phones,computer,email,Facebook and other social networks account,his services are cheap ...hackjunkies@gmail.com or Text +13156755702 please tell him kate referred you

• My name is Kate Morgan, i was able to spy on my cheating ex-Husband phone without him finding out.....it really helped my lawyer during my divorce i have been scammed so many times but Hackgenius is the best hacker i have met he helped me regain my freedom and lost money by scammers ...you can contact hackjunkies@gmail.com for spying and hacking phones,computer,email,Facebook and other social networks account,his services are cheap ...hackjunkies@gmail.com or Text +13156755702 please tell him kate referred you

• Do you need a hacker? Do you need to keep an eye on your spouse by gaining access to their emails? As a parent,if you want to know what your kids do on a daily basis on social networks (This includes acebook, twitter ,instagram, whatsapp, WeChat and others to make sure they're not getting into trouble? Whatever it is,Ranging from Bank Jobs, Flipping cash, Criminal records, DMV, Taxes, Name it,he will get the job done.He's a professional hacker with 20 Years+ experience.Contact him at blacckhhatt007@gmail.com or call/text to (862) 404-1374 …Contact him and Its done.Tell him Daura referred you

• 2020 Quality Fake Divorce Papers/ Real Divorce Papers

Fake divorce papers

Globex documents company is a company built up by professional system insiders and hackers to make life easier for their clients. We provide real registered divorce papers that can be verified from any court database system without any complication.

Website … globexdocuments.company/fake-divorce-papers

Email ( globexdocs@gmail.com)

Whatsapp +1(315) 696-1570 or Text and Calls: +19165428216

Fake Divorce Papers

BE SMART AND GET RICH OVERNIGHT IN LESS THAN NO TIME.

Your life now depends on you and how fast you can be to get our Latest 2020 Blank Credit Card Hack Software installed on our new ATM credit cards.

Our newly  PROGRAMMED blank ATM card can hack any ATM machine, anywhere anytime.

Our Blank ATM cards are been programmed by our professional hackers with 100% guarantee of cash flow from any ATM machine of all types be it Visa, Master or local Banks ATM machines(not affiliated to Visa nor Master cards), from any country.

Purchasing your Blank ATM card directly from our official website  globexdocuments.company/credit-card-hack-software  

Is totally risk-free, you don’t have to panic when going to an ATM machine for withdrawal, our ATM cards are not traceable,

Fake Divorce Papers globexdocuments.company/fake-divorce-papers

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment