My Journey out of Debt

Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more.

Auld Lang Syne

• Comments 1

Do you know the true meaning of the song that we traditionally sing at the stroke of midnight on January 1st

I looked into it and I was surprised to find that in the simplest form, this song is associated with celebrations AND memorials!  How ironic is that? 

So, it seemed appropriate that one of my blogs be represented by this song - a celebration of all we have accomplished in 2010 as well as a memorial of 2010.

My Journey Out of DebtAnother year gone, means more debt wiped away for me and a chance to say good-bye to the things that I may not have done so well.

With that said, there is no better way to start off a new year than with a good old fashioned resolution! 

I have done them all:  Gym Membership?  Check.  Eat healthy? Check.  Volunteer More? Check.  All the "typical" resolutions that usually last about a month or so, maybe two months if I am really focused. 

But, for the last 2, almost 3, years there is one resolution that I MUST keep each year....my resolution to become debt free. This is the one resolution that I know I will follow through to the end of year.

I am three years deep into my DMP and each year I think I get a bit smarter in my planning for financial success, but we all know that there is always room for improvement. 

I'm looking forward to another year of learning. 

Take the time to set yourself up for a good financial year.  Before your other stresses of 2011 begin, take financial preparation off your list so it really is the last thing you have to worry about. 

If you don't do this, we all know what will happen; missed bills, rushed financial decisions and all of the bad habits of last year, begin all over again. 

I found this article that reminds us what happens when we are stressed, not organized and how it affects every aspect of our life (did you happen to see the link to CareOne at the top of this blog!)

Now is the time to file away this year and prepare yourself for the New Year ahead.  You can think about all the things that you wished you had done and plan new strategies to achieve those same goals! 

It is a time for new:

• A new budget
  • A new filing system
  • New expense tracking
  • New ways to organize

Here is a great article that reminds us about some of the simple steps it takes to organize yourself financially. 

So, I am holding up my glass to all of us.  Here's to a great year and many more steps taken to the financial freedom that we are all working so hard to achieve. Salude!

Related Posts:

Getting Organized

The Sustained Behavior of Being Organized

Organizing Your Life Can Save You Money

Katie SimmonsKatie Simmons

Katie is currently enrolled in the CareOne Debt Management Plan (DMP). You can read more about Katie's experiences in the My Journey out of Debt blog. In her blog, Katie explores living life without credit cards and how things are going on the DMP. A newlywed, Katie candidly addresses how debt has influenced her choices in love and life. Here are more posts from Katie. Compensated CareOne Blogger.

To follow us click here

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Very very true.  I have already been working on that new budget this last week.  Looking for more things I can cut to reach my financial goal (to be debt free in 23 more months).  It is a struggle, but I believe we can all do it!!  Thank you for sharing with all of us!  I truly love reading the blogs and learning new things.  It truly is inspiring for me and helps me stay focused.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)