My Journey out of Debt

Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more.

What Are You Waiting For?

• Comments 4

What Are You Waiting For?No really, what ARE you waiting for? 

I am talking to those that are reading this that are debating whether or not they should ask for help getting their life on track financially. 

Or if you are just perusing the web for information, ask yourself now...what are you waiting for.

"It's a big step and I am a little bit scared to take it"...

• You weren't scared of debt when you were creating it.
  • Be excited that there are resources and experts to help you and answer your questions.
  • Wouldn't it be a relief to get it off your shoulders and behind you?
  • Turn the fear into motivation.

"It is going to take FOREVER"...

Yep, it seems like that at first, but breakdown the numbers.

When I started on my DMP 3 years ago, my CareOne Counselor told me my program would take about 5 years to complete. That was staggering to me, I almost hung up then and there.

Then he told me that without the program, I would be looking at 9 or 10 years if I attempted to do it on my own and actually stuck with it. Where do I sign?

"Why pay a monthly fee for a program that I could do on my own?"...

The monthly fee is minimal and CareOne takes on the negotiations with your creditors. Let's be honest, if you could do it on your own, you would have.

If you have any more reasons out there stopping you from being financially independent, I want to hear them - I assure you I have heard every excuse because I myself used it before joining CareOne.

Need some help? 

Which way are you going to go...the clock is ticking!

Related Posts:

Getting Specific...Where Do I Start

Top 3 Questions About DMP

Knowing Your Debt Relief Options

Katie Simmons LupoKatie (Simmons) Lupo

Katie is currently enrolled in the CareOne Debt Relief Services Debt Management Plan (DMP). You can read more about Katie's experience in the My Journey out of Debt blog. In her blog, Katie explores life without credit cards, living on a 'real' budget and making that adjustment from spender to saver. A newlywed, Katie candidly addresses how debt has influenced her choices in love and life. Look for older posts by Katie under the Single and Settling In blog. Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services.

To follow CareOne click here

Download Our Free Guide - Ten Things You Must Know to Succeed on a Debt Management Plan

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • OMG!  I love the article about the 12 reasons to stay in debt - absolutely hysterical.  Any of the negative comments at the bottom were probably from people who were in debt and not ready to deal with their reality.  

I do think denial is a big reason people stay in debt.  If you don't acknowledge how bad the debt is, you're probably not inclined to do anything about it.  Sad, but true for many people.

• I got a kick out of that article too!  If you can't laugh occassionally about the debt we got ourselves into...we are in more trouble than we thought!

• I feel like I have experienced it all. I have made myself sick over debt more than a few times; moving money around to make sure payments are on time or figuring out where to cut costs if unexpected expenses come up one month. When you slip, it feels

• People are inspired by the stories of others accomplishing something they themselves wish to achieve. Let's be honest: there are few people who have the ability to do something that has never been done before. The rest of us need a little push to believe

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment