If you are reading my blog this may be a question that you have asked yourself, or need to ask yourself. Either way, what is How Serious Are You About Getting Out Of Debt?your answer? 

The "idea" of being free of all debt is an alluring one. 

At some point in everyone's life they talk about the concept of financial freedom, but who really follows through with it? 

I have a family member who is a prime example (and who shall remain nameless for my safety!).  I have listened to this person year after year say they are going to become financially free.  Each time we have this conversation they always a "quick" way to do it: 

• Invest in an incredible vitamin and supplement business that will make you a millionaire in 6 months
  • Buy a program that will allow you to pay off all your debts, including, your mortgage in 2 years
  • Raffle your house, yes, you read that correctly.....

And the list goes on and on and on.  Guess what?  None of these ideas ever got off the ground. I am not saying that they couldn't work, but usually if an idea sounds too good to be true.....IT IS!

This is particularly true if you are trying to find a way to get out of debt.

You have read it a million times on the CareOne website, there is no silver bullet for debt.  You have to invest MORE time and MORE effort in getting yourself out of debt than you did getting into it. 

If you follow my blogs than you should know what life is like (for real) on a Debt Management Plan. For me the DMP is working, I am making progress, I am getting myself out of debt, but it is not easy. I have to stay locked into this process every day.

If you are still looking for the easy way out than you aren't serious about it....yet.  You have to be ready to dig in your heals and work your tail off to make it happen. 

Some signs that you are ready:

• Living paycheck to paycheck is 'getting old' and you want more for yourself / your family
  • The idea of buying something you really want, with cash, seems impossible
  • You are one bad month away from missing a payment on one of your big bills
  • You have realized that if you don't begin to take responsibility for your finances, you will have to work until your 85

These were just some of my reasons, but today I think there is one more reason that we should all be listing as a serious indicator..."things ain't getting any easier". 

Look at the state of our economy. Take a closer look at your family, your friends and even your neighbors...things are changing and not necessarily for the better.

Each day I take another step toward regaining my financial independance, but looking at our economny I realize that as a nation, we are facing the same challenge.

I feel relief knowing that I am half-way through my own personal economic recovery...I strongly encourage all of you struggling with your own personal economic crisis to get serious about your debt.

Related Posts:

Are You Ready For Your Families Tomorrow

Am I Ready To Share My Debt

Are You Ready To Dig Out Of Your Financial Mess

Katie (Simmons) Lupo

Katie is currently enrolled in the CareOne Debt Relief Services Debt Management Plan (DMP). You can read more about Katie's experience in the My Journey out of Debt blog. In her blog, Katie explores life without credit cards, living on a 'real' budget and making that adjustment from spender to saver. A newlywed, Katie candidly addresses how debt has influenced her choices in love and life. Look for older posts by Katie under the Single and Settling In blog. Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services.

To follow CareOne click here!

Download Our Free Guide; 10 Things You Need to Know to be Successful on a Debt Management Plan

10 Things You Need to know to be successful on a Debt Management Plan