My Journey out of Debt

Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more.

Write It Down to Get Organized

• Comments 1

Write It Down to Get Organized  Write it down and put it on paper. I am one of those nuts who have a "Things to do list" almost every weekend.

Throughout the week, and even at work, I keep a piece of paper in my pocket, and when something comes up that I need to get done that upcoming weekend, I write it down. Then, as the weekend approaches, I organize it to see what is most important, what has to get done, what I would like to get done, and what can wait.  

Organizing yourself when it comes to your finances is just another type of "To do" list. 

You can start by making an expense sheet. Knowing where your money is going every month will help you get organized. I made a spreadsheet with all the things we spend our money on. Mortgage, utilities, food, gas, pets, medical, miscellaneous, and so on. Then, whenever we pay something, I write it in the corresponding column, and at the end of the month I add it up to see where our money is going. You probably should do this for two or three months to get a more accurate look.  

Now that you know where your money is going, you can see if you can concentrate on a certain item and cut back if you need to on something. 

Now, it would help you to make a budget. Knowing what has to get paid and what can wait can help you achieve your financial goals. I keep a small writing tablet in my bill box. On it I have the date I get paid and what gets paid out of that check. I include the due date and the amount of the bill, or approximately what it will be. I add it up and get a total to make sure it doesn't go over what my income will be for that time period. I include food and gas for the car, among other things. 

Writing all of this down on paper can help you organize your thoughts. It can help ease your mind so you can concentrate on other things. When something new comes along, you can write it down and move on. 

Now that you have it written down you can look at it any time you need to. You don't need to let it bother you, and it will help you to achieve your financial goals. Now you can move on with your life.

I wish you well in your climb out of debt, and may God bless you richly! 

To read more blogs by Debt Management Plan graduate Dennis, click here.

Dennis Bauman, CareOne Customer Blogger, CareOne Debt Relief ServicesDennis Bauman

Dennis Bauman has been on a Debt Management Plan (DMP) customer with CareOne Debt Relief Services since October of 2007 and recently graduated to become debt-free!! Dennis Bauman works in the manufacturing industry, creating floor tile. Having officially completed the Debt Management Plan, Dennis Bauman is excited to share what his experience on the DMP was like as well as what made his experience a successful one. Look for more posts under the My Journey Out of Debt blog. Compensated CareOne Debt Relief Services Blogger

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • When you are having debt problems, a budget can be like a best friend.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)