CareOne Community Member Spotlight - LaurenWe are continuing our featured segment for the My Journey out of Debt blog; CareOne Community Member Spotlight!

We are placing the spotlight on some of the familiar members you see engaging in the Community.

This week we are talking with Lauren Taylor, known in our community as laurentaylor47.

How did you hear about CareOne?

I found The Providers of CareOne Debt Relief Services by myself by searching on the internet in early 2010, to help me with my credit card debt. 

What Plan are you enrolled in and how much debt did you start with?

I was enrolled in a Debt Management Plan (DMP). I started out with about $3200 in credit card debt. 

What caused you to seek help with your debt?

I had been trying to focus on paying off my debt, but I was unable to make a dent in it in over a year. The interest rates were so high that making even more than the minimum payment was not reducing the principle amount on any of my credit cards. 

After talking with a CareOne representative in April 2010, when I was researching what the best route would be for me, I wasn't pressured to enter into their debt relief plans or to join their program. The coach simply told me all about the Debt Management Plan and gave me the option to join or not. Finally, in May of 2010 I joined CareOne. It was one of the best decisions I ever made!

Would you recommend CareOne to your family and friends?

I would definitely recommend CareOne to my family and friends. They have been there for me every step of the way. Whenever I had an issue with a creditor or wasn't able to make a full payment they worked with me and I was able to work out a plan to get my payment made on time. 

How has CareOne given you a Second Chance?

CareOne has been the tool I needed to move forward and completely erase my debt. They have definitely given me a second chance with my credit and with my life! I can now go on vacation! 

I am going with my boyfriend April 4-April 9 to San Diego, CA! I haven't been able to do that in more than 7 years! I would say that is definitely a second chance!

What advice would you give to those who are searching for debt relief options?

I would suggest to them that CareOne is one of the best debt relief options I found when I was researching who to use to help me. Like I mentioned before, they aren't pressuring you into anything and they provide you with the tools to reduce your debt quicker than you knew could happen.

Tell us something about yourself; a favorite hobby or a quote that helps you stay motivated?

I always think about my mom when I need motivation. She keeps going no matter what happens. She never lets anything get her down.  She is grounded in her faith and I learn something new every day. 

To Read More CareOne Community Member Spotlights Click Here!

If you have questions about our Debt Relief Plans you can head to our "Ask the Expert" forum where Coach Tammy can help you!