There is Not a CREATIVE Bone in My Body……..Or is There?

My Journey out of Debt

Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more.

There is Not a CREATIVE Bone in My Body……..Or is There?

• Comments 4

There is Not a CREATIVE Bone in My Body……..Or is There?I was recently invited to a mother-daughter "Crafts Party," but when it comes to arts and crafts, I will be the first to tell you, I have NO talent or interest in this area. When we arrived, there were stations set up to make dollhouse furniture, jewelry, paintings, and other artsy items. I thought I would try something new and if nothing else, it would be a great time to spend with my daughter.  I was very amazed at the creativity of the host. Some people have the knack to create something out of what seems to be nothing. Well, that creative bug came and went, but it did leave me wondering if I had any creativity in me.

I have friends that sew, some who make jewelry, and some who have other cool hobbies. I admire them all, and what I see in them is a passion for whatever it is they are working on and an eager desire to share the experience with others. So that left me with the question, "What am I passionate about, and just how creative could I be?"

Well, I am no master of the needle, but I can pinpoint the best time to buy during a sale. My scissors are not for cutting cloth or snipping thread, but for clipping coupons. A finely sharpened pencil will not find paper for drawing or sketching, but for double-checking my budget and grocery list. 

Here are some examples of my creativity:

Not Creative Creative
Driving two cars separately to work: 62 miles a day (Husband drives 40 miles roundtrip, I drive 22) Care pool with husband: 44 miles a day in one car
Going to the movies for two: $24 (no snacks included) Using Groupon deal for $4 tickets or wait for Red Box release at $1 per rental, with online reservation.
Friday night tradition: Wing night special, purchased from local wing spot, $34-$40 Purchase fresh wings and cook myself: $15, plus always have enought for leftovers!

I enjoy sharing with others my successes on the CareOne Debt Management Plan. I was passionate about getting out of debt and I am passionate about staying out of debt.  It really does take some creativity to go from living day to day off credit cards to living on a budget.

So, perhaps my creativity does not result in fine art, a knitted blanket, or a beautiful necklace, but being creative in my day-to-day life yielded the most beautiful picture and I love looking at it every day as I continue to be debt free

So, have you found your creativity in getting out of debt?

Read more blogs by Zandra by clicking here!

Zandra Halley, CareOne Debt Management Plan GraduateZandra Halley

Zandra is a graduate from the CareOne Debt Management Plan (DMP). You may have seen her posting as 'Motherofone' in our Community. Zandra and her husband have a lovely daughter who was their motivation for tackling their financial future. Having successfully graduated from the DMP, Zandra will be sharing her tips and experience with all of you to help others be successful with their financial goals to pay off their debt. Follow Zandra in the My Journey out of Debt blog. Compensated CareOne Blogger.

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • I can't think of a better outcome of being creative than continuing to be debt free. Congratulations on your success Zandra....and please keep on sharing!

• Zandra, I love your ideas! You are definitely creative and sometimes creativity leads to more fun than the "expensive" alternatives. Congratulations on thinking outside of the box :)

• I love your list! Even after graduating from my DMP I still cost compare as you do. Do we go out for quick sanwhiches or stay at home and eat for free? No brainer :)

Great post!

• Thank you.  Sometimes it takes a little more effort to be creative, but I have never been disappointed with the results.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment