Maximize Your Money While in the Debt Management Plan

My Journey out of Debt

Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more.

Maximize Your Money While in the Debt Management Plan

Rate This
  • Comments 2

ximize Your Money While in the Debt Management PlanFor those of us participating on CareOne debt relief plans our payments vary and so do our stories. Why we found ourselves on the CareOne website looking for help is likely varied as well.

I have a few questions for you; they relate to you and what is going on in your life right now. 

• Do you have children?
  • Do you have a mortgage? 
  • Do you have a car payment?
  • Do you have a job?
  • Are you collecting unemployment?

We already know how we got here and how we need to continue making payments until we complete our plans. Depending on your personal situation, sticking with your debt relief plan and making those payments may be easier or extremely challenging. If you have already seen my story, you know that each month I struggle to make my CareOne plan payment.

Here are some tips and tricks that I use to keep myself on track with my payments. If you are facing some of the issues I listed above, these may help you too!These are a few helpful hints for saving a few dollars, as in this economy, every dollar helps.

Shopping for clothing:

If you can't afford to shop at brand name stores for clothes, I would recommend going to a consignment shop or a thrift store in your area. They can provide you with name brand clothes at fairly low prices; sometimes they even run specials. In most cases, these stores have a fitting room. If not, you may run into trouble choosing clothes that are the correct size. There are always other stores you could look into such as Goodwill or the Salvation Army.

Auto repairs:

For any auto repairs, see if you have a family member that does repairs. If you do, you could save considerably over going to your auto dealership. Of course, depending on what needs to be repaired, at least it would cut the labor cost. For my car, my boyfriend has done my oil changes; we plan on working on the A/C soon. If I were to take my car to the dealership, it would cost around $300. But for work such as brake repairs or alignments, I will have to save some money to go to a shop and ensure that the work is done correctly. So, for repairs that affect my car's safety, the cost of going to a shop is worth it.

Grocery shopping:

When shopping for food, why not try discount stores and dollar stores? They offer produce and snacks for decent prices. I also comparison shop between less expensive stores, such as ShopRite, Acme, and whole sale clubs. I try to keep track of the average cost to see where I get the most for my money.

For store locations, please use the links below:

Good Will Locator

Salvation Army

Bottom Dollar

ShopRite 

Acme

Kelly Rockafellow, CareOne Debt Management Plan customerKelly Rockafellow

Kelly is enrolled in the CareOne Debt Management Plan (DMP). As she and her family approach the end of their plan, Kelly is going to share with the community what has made her stay on track and remain motivated. Kelly runs a business from her home and is anxiously waiting to successfully complete her plan so that she and her boyfriend can get married. Follow Kelly's story under the My Journey out of Debt blog. Compensated CareOne Debt Relief Services blogger.

Check us out on Facebook and on Twitter.

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Good luck Kelly, also you can go to Christian Ministries for food, they are a big help to me.! Just another way to help with the food budget.

• @pausetilldawn I will look into that. Thank you very much for your kind words ! And Good luck to you as well!!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)