My Journey out of Debt

Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more.

Breaking Down Your Spending

• Comments 1

Breaking Down Your SpendingWhen was the last time you sat down and examined your yearly, monthly, weekly, or daily expenses? If you don't know, that means it is time to do it. If you are working on a budget and trying to get out of debt, then do it now. 

I try to do it at least a couple of times a year, and every time I am surprised at the things I find out.

The very first time I analyzed my expenses, I was a little bit depressed at how much money I wasted on unnecessary things. I then found that as I got more and more comfortable with my budgets, these unnecessary expenses started to sneak back in! 

It is a great reality check to make sure you aren't falling into the trap of "the more you have, the more you spend" and stay true to your budgets. Some of my necessities?

• Utilities/Mortgage/Car Payment
  • Groceries
  • Gas

Some of the not-so-necessary items that I have cut out?

• Eating Out
  • Clothes that I really don't need
  • Overindulging on gifts

What about you? What are the expenses in your life that, to you, seem necessary? Are they really, or are they things you can cut back on for a while to help yourself get ahead with your financial goals? 

Have you considered what your non-essentials are? Do you even realize how much you are spending on these things? This (Click here) will help if you just don't know where to start!

Trust me; take the time to break your spending down. It doesn't take long and I promise that you will be surprised at what you learn.  Examine your necessities and non-essentials, and start to trim the fat. One simple review could be the tool that helps you get closer to completing your financial goals.

Related Posts:

Find the Power in Tracking Expenses

Do Your Really Need It?  8 Expenses You Can Cut Out Of Your Life

Katie Simmons Lupo, CareOne Debt Management Plan Customer and BloggerKatie (Simmons) Lupo

Katie is currently enrolled in the CareOne Debt Relief Services Debt Management Plan (DMP). You can read more about Katie's experience in the My Journey out of Debt blog. In her blog, Katie explores life without credit cards, living on a 'real' budget and making that adjustment from spender to saver. A newlywed, Katie candidly addresses how debt has influenced her choices in love and life. Look for older posts by Katie under the Single and Settling In blog. Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services.

To follow CareOne click here!

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)