Summertime and Making Extra Money is Easy

A Straight Talk on Debt

A Straight Talk on Debt gives you the real deal on debt, straight from our employees and personal finance experts. Learn more about debt relief plans and how to be financially fit.

Summertime and Making Extra Money is Easy

• Comments 2

Summer - a great time of year to play outside, get a tan, and make some extra cash

Summertime and Making Extra Money is EasyIf you want to be in the business of making money this season:

1. Get creative
  2. Be willing
  3. Be diligent

Part-Time Like a Rockstar

If you have a full-time job and still want to make a little extra money this summer, then consider working part-time. Working evenings and weekends at a retail store could do you some good, but summer offers some unique opportunities to make some extra dough.

Here are some ideas:

• Consider cutting grass for your neighbors.
  • Have a car washing service for your neighbors and friends on the weekends. No, you don't have to be a cheerleader to do this. You'll have to buy supplies, but you'll definitely make money.
  • Walk dogs or pet sit. A lot of people go out-of-town during the summer, which means they need someone to watch their furry friends. If you love animals, this would be a perfect job for you.
  • Lifeguard at your local, public pool or work as a camp counselor at a weekend summer camp. This is a great idea, because summer camps and public pools are always looking for help.

The possibilities are endless when it comes to finding part-time work during the summertime - just make sure you think outside the box.

Turn Your Trash into Treasure

The summer season is famous for folks having garage sales. Garage sales, in my opinion, are one of the best and easiest ways to make some extra money.  All you need to do is go through your attic and/or basement and set out all of things you don't want and then sell them.  It's that simple!  Consider having a sale every weekend, because the longer you're open, the more you'll sell, and the more money you will make.

There are definitely many more ways to make extra money this summer and if you need some help finding ideas consider using a job search tool like www.indeed.com or post flyers around town letting people know you're looking for work. 

If you're creative, willing, and diligent then you should have no problem finding work and making money.

What are some jobs you do over the summer to make extra money? 

Related Articles:

5 Ways to Save Bucks and the Environment

4 Tips to Help You Pay Your Bills On-Time!

Rising Gas Prices Will Not Get Me Down

Mary StolarikMary Stolarik

Mary is a contributing writer for the CareOne Debt Relief Servies blog, A Straight Talk on Debt. She is a recent college graduate, with an English Writing degree from the University of Pittsburgh - Greensburg, and she's in debt. Mary shares her experiences whils job hunting, managing her finances while only working part-time and saving for a wedding! Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services. Read more posts by Mary under the Just Graduated & Starting Out blog.

To follow CareOne click here!

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • There are millions of ways to make money online. If you have the passion to earn money, you can do it. But sometimes we struggle to figure out what to do that will actually earn us anything. You can make money from uploading articles, blogs, photos, videos, links and much more. Once you create accounts and start writing article/blogs online and make money from your home.

<a href="www.quora.com/.../a>

• I use Redgage and I got more than 50 orders from this site in only 3 months. Most successful and lovely site for me. According to earning point of view. I recommend this site for those who are looking to make money online from home. www.quora.com/What-is-RedGage-com

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)