Straight Talk on Debt: Get Financially Fit this Year!

A Straight Talk on Debt

A Straight Talk on Debt gives you the real deal on debt, straight from our employees and personal finance experts. Learn more about debt relief plans and how to be financially fit.

Straight Talk on Debt: Get Financially Fit this Year!

Rate This
  • Comments 8

Yesterday marked the start of month three in 2012. Many of you most likely made resolutions to get out of debt, save money, or boost your income at the start of the year. How are you doing so far?

I have to be honest I have already had a few setbacks, and failures but, I am not going to let them stop me from reaching the financial goals I have set for myself. Debt is Over

Success in financial fitness has everything to do with you! The decisions you make—mind over money, the goals you set—getting out of debt, and creating your own financial success.

You can do it, 2012 can be your year despite setbacks and what is going on around you. This week’s reading is sure to keep you on track and help you make decisions you’ll be proud of.

Mind Over Money

• Identifying and Removing Financial Toxins @applecsmith "Your heart has to be willing to change, and your ears open to hear. This same principle applies to personal finances. If you’re looking for a "get rich quick scheme" your attitude is completely wrong. You won’t make a change unless you’re willing to break the cycle, and willing to make the sacrifice to see the results you want."
  • When Do You Walk Away? @sooverdebt  "What happens when there IS no good advice out there for your situation? Where do you turn when you’re so frustrated, you’re ready to just give up? Maybe you have to choose between paying two equally important bills, or you need to decide whether or not to pursue a dream. The pressure of deciding what to do can be enough to drive a person crazy. All of us have breaking points – do you know yours?"
  • Financial Stress of NOT Living Within Your Means @AllFinance "We all have those people in our lives. The people that complain that they never have enough money or are always down in the dumps because they are short on funds . However, when you look at their lifestyle, isn’t it easy to find many things they waste their money on."
  • Financial Planning in a Nut Shell @MoneyTalksCoach "To see the reason for each of the financial planning steps I’m going to explain the process backwards. The end game when it comes to financial planning is to become (and stay) independently wealthy. That sounds unattainable doesn’t it? But all that "independently wealthy" means is that you can retire. It just means that you have enough money the bank, or coming from investments, that you don’t have to work for money anymore."
  • The Rules of Improvisation That Will Change Your Financial Life @debtfreeby30 "The first rule of improvisation is to AGREE. Always agree and SAY YES. Start with a YES and see where that takes you."

Get Out of Debt

• Is Debt Really Slavery? @enemyofdebt  "Some people might say that slavery is a serious word and does not apply to debt because there is still an element of free will, even when you are in debt. That might be true."
  • Getting Out of Debt is Like Using a Public Restroom @sooverdebt "Sometimes, though, paying attention to your finances can be a major source of relief. If you’re desperate enough, you’ll ignore the ick factor and just get it over with as quickly as possible. That’s the best way to do it – put your feelings aside, do what has to be done, and feel better about life once it’s over."

Create Financial Success

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Thanks so much for including my post Suzanne! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

• Hi Suzanne, thanks for including my post!

• @applecsmith & @CarNegotiation Coach Loved both of your posts and I know our readers will as well :)

• Thanks for the mention!!!

• Thank you for the inclusion. I might be earning myself some stink eye stares but so far this year I have stayed on top of my health and financial goals.

• Another good read!!  Thank you for sharing multiple posts in one!  I am on target for this years financial goal as I didn't make it an impossible goal.  I found through the 2 years I have been on the program that when I made a goal that may not end  up being reasonable because life happens, I got frustrated with myself.  But through it all I have been able to stay on track for my ultimate goal I set out in the beginning; to be debt free within 3 years of starting the program.  

I can't thank you and the other staff members enough.  Without the help and guidance i would have been lost.  What you do for us can not be measured.  Thank you!

• @MoneyTalksCoach & @Niki Loved both of your posts! Thanks for providing us with interesting reads. @Niki Good for you! I wish i could say I have...

• @mdavis1964 Glad you enjoyed it! I always hope that these posts provide everyone with useful information they can use :)

It is always harder to stick to lofty goals--start small and let those little wins guide you to your end goal. You have done an amazing job so far--and the finish line is in sight!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment