Supporting my Success with MyCareOne Online Tools

A Straight Talk on Debt

A Straight Talk on Debt gives you the real deal on debt, straight from our employees and personal finance experts. Learn more about debt relief plans and how to be financially fit.

Supporting my Success with MyCareOne Online Tools

• Comments 6

I wanted to re-evaluate my life insurance policies, but was unable to find the hard copies I was so sure were in my filing cabinet. I turned to the internet to see if my insurance provider allowed me to access my information online. They didn't have the capability, so the next morning I called up my agent and requested a paper copy.

In today's high-tech, smartphone, Wi-Fi saturated, always-connected world, we all assume that our information can be obtained with a touch of a button. It's frustrating when we have to wait for a phone call to be returned, or even worse (gasp), for something to show up in the mail.

For instance, imagine if you couldn't access your Debt Management Plan information or manage your plan online.

Oh, you didn't know you could do that?

Well, allow me to introduce you to my friend, "MyCareOne," and some of the features that I use most frequently.

If you don't already have an account set up, you'll have to register for one. Once you log in, just click the "MyCareOne" tab and you will be ready to access a wealth of information.

Customizable

One of the great features I like is that you can customize how your MyCareOne page looks.  By clicking the "customize" button on the upper right, you will get a list of the "widgets" that are available.

* See one listed that is not already displayed on your screen? Click on the name and drag it where you would like it to be displayed.

* See one that is displayed that you don't like? Click the "x" to close the widget.

* Want to rearrange? Yep, you can do that too. Just drag and drop the widget where you want it.

Program Snapshot

This widget reminds me when I started the plan, how much my payment is, and when my next payment is due. I see this every time I log in, which keeps that payment at the forefront of all my financial plans.

Track My Progress

Hands down, this is my favorite widget, and the most informative. It displays: 

* A graph showing the ever-decreasing sum of the balances of all the accounts I have enrolled in the plan.

* An estimation of when I will complete the plan.

* How much interest I'd pay without the plan, and how much I'm paying on the plan.

* A list of my proposals and their status.

* A list of my creditors, their starting balance, and their current balance.

It is important to note that your account balances (and thus the sum displayed in the chart) are only estimates. I like to compare the balances from my statements to what is displayed in MyCareOne every couple of months. If there is a sizable discrepancy, I'll give CareOne a call and give them updated balances.

Help - Chat

There are some times when I have a question, but either I can't use the phone, or I simply don't want to talk to someone.  By selecting "Help" and then choosing "Chat Now," I can text chat with a live customer service representative. 

Resource Guides 

When I first found the CareOne website in June of 2009, I didn't know what a debt management plan was or how it worked. I pieced it together after hours of reading through the forums, but recently I found some really great information by clicking on the "Resource Guides" link located on the bottom of the CareOne website. These guides contain great information for potential or new customers, such as describing the different programs offered by CareOne, how they work, information guiding customers on how to be successful with the programs, and so much more. It also provides answers to common questions that more seasoned customers may ask regarding online plan management such as how to change your payment date and how to add a creditor.

These are by no means all of the features MyCareOne offers. If you haven't explored all the great features of MyCareOne lately, I encourage you to do so. You may be surprised at how much information is available at your fingertips, and how easy managing your plan online can be!

Related Links:

Creating a New Account

Resource Guides

Article Library

Travis Pizel, My Journey Out of Debt Blogger and CareOne Debt Management Plan CustomerTravis Pizel

Travis is a contributing writer for the My Journey out of Debt blog and is a very active member of the CareOne community forums. Travis is currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Management Plan (DMP). Travis very candidly shares his personal journey to pay off his debt and the tips he's learned along the way. As a father and husband he provides a unique perspective on balancing debt, finances, and family. You can also follow along with Travis on his personal blog, Our Journey to Zero. Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services.

Follow Travis on Twitter @DebtChronicles

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • This post should be emailed to every new CareOne customer! I didn't know much about the My CareOne page until several months into my get out of debt journey. It really is a great place to find all sorts of information - for instance, instead of calling CareOne to update your account balances or make extra payments, you can send them a quick email and they will update that information for you and respond within 24 hours. I used that feature often! I still check My CareOne page a few times a week, it has celebratory balloons next to my name, since I have completed my program. You'll see them soon, too :)

• Thanks for the additional examples of how useful the online tools can be, saracarr.  You get celebratory virtual balloons when you complete the program?  Oh, I CANNOT WAIT to see those!  I wonder if they could throw in virtual celebratory cake and punch too...that'd be awesome.  

Are you reading this CareOne friends?  You have one year and 10 months to make it happen.  :)

• This is a great post for newcomers!!  I can;t wait to see those celebratory balloons myself.  Less then 4 more months.  Yep, my last payment will be September 26th (unless something major comes up).  So can we get the virtual cake and punch expedited please?

• WOW, mdavis1964, less than 4 months?  I'm so happy for you!  You must be bouncing off the walls with excitement....I know I will be!

• Thank you t_pizel.  I am excited at being so close.  I can't wait for the next 4 months to fly by!!  I also hope the time flies by for you as well!!

• This time I'd like to talk about things that I did each and every month to make sure that everything was on track and running smoothly.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment