Reflecting on my Trip to CareOne Headquarters

A Straight Talk on Debt

A Straight Talk on Debt gives you the real deal on debt, straight from our employees and personal finance experts. Learn more about debt relief plans and how to be financially fit.

Reflecting on my Trip to CareOne Headquarters

Rate This
  • Comments 4

Sitting on a plane, I felt that burning desire that every writer loves to feel. Words that have to be written, a story that has to be told.

I was returning from Baltimore where I attended a company wide event for CareOne Debt Relief Services and I felt an overwhelming desire to capture a snapshot in time of what I had experienced.

I've been a customer for over three years, and a blogger for two and a half. I quickly came to believe in the company's mission, and truly felt that through blogging I was given an opportunity to give back by sharing my experiences to help motivate others struggling with debt. 

I have always felt that there was something special about this company, but it wasn't until I was on this flight, and had a chance to reflect upon the events of the previous 24 hours that I was able to put my finger on what it is that sets this company apart. Flying through the air at 30,000 feet, I replayed in my mind some of the conversations I had throughout the day.

I thought about Kelly, who has been with the company for about six months. As we walked to lunch she commented to me how passionate the people she worked with are about helping people get out of debt. At first she wasn't sure if it was real, but as the months have gone by, she's realized her coworkers are genuinely dedicated to the company's vision.

Then there was Patrice, who joined CareOne in June, and was told by the company's founder and CEO, Bernie Dancel, not to worry about sales numbers, but to ask himself at the end of each day, "How many people have I helped today? 

That made a powerful impression on Patrice, as well as me. 

I talked to Kimberly who has also struggled with debt, and is now an employee. She asked me if I could give her a perspective on how she could effectively communicate to customers what she had been through, and makes them believe that her number one priority was to help them be successful in their plan which would allow them to live a more fulfilling and meaningful life. 

I sat around a table with members of the social media and marketing team and listened to them discuss possible future ideas. They didn't talk about how to increase revenue or profits. They discussed how they could reach out and help more people. The idea is, help people first, and if you can do that, the revenue and profits will take care of themselves. 

I had a conversation with Bernie in which he described CareOne as a living, breathing organization not made up of just the employees, but the customers as well. As he continued to describe his vision, all I could think is that what he was actually describing was a family. 

As I reflected upon my experience, it finally came to me what makes CareOne so special. 

It's not the programs they have; there are other debt relief companies that have similar programs. It's not cutting edge technology or the processes they have in place, although they certainly are tops in the industry at that as well.

What make CareOne special are the people that work there. 

Employees with big hearts and immeasurable passion for helping people get out of debt, educate them for the future, and improve the quality of their lives.  An organization is a top down representation of their leaders, and it was obvious from the discussions that I had that the employees of CareOne are a mirror image of their executive team. 

Throughout the 39 months that I have been enrolled in the Debt Management Program, CareOne has had a significant impact on my life. Through my journey out of debt, as well as my journey becoming a blogger, I have grown immeasurably as a person.

CareOne is a huge reason that I have become the father and husband that I am today.

Sitting at gate L2C in the Chicago O'Hare airport I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes. I saw the CareOne logo displayed ten feet tall on a movie screen just as I had earlier that day and smiled. 

CareOne 

The name fits.  Perfectly.

You can read more from Travis below:

A Straight Talk on Debt

My Journey Out of Debt

Travis Pizel, CareOne Services, Inc. Blogger, Customer and Debt Management Plan CustomerTravis Pizel

Travis is a contributing writer for the My Journey out of Debt and A Straight Talk on Debt blogs. He is also a very active member of the CareOne community forums. Travis is currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Management Plan (DMP). Travis candidly shares his personal journey to pay off his debt and the tips he's learned along the way. As a father and husband he provides a unique perspective on balancing debt, finances, and family. You can also read more from Travis on the Enemy of Debt blog, where he is a featured blogger. Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services.

Follow Travis on Twitter @DebtChronicles

To connect with Travis on Google+ click here

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • I agree with you Travis!!  The experience was a very moving one for me.  It showed me just how dedicated this agency is in helping people like ourselves fighting to become debt free!!  I can't believe how dedicated and caring the people I came in to contact that day really are!!  

It was also a pleasure to have met you in person!  You are exactly as you display yourself in your blogs.  A genuinely great person as well as husband and father.  

I love CareOne even more than I did prior to the trip.  They have confirmed everything I believed in the agency and more!!

• Its good to see people who know how to help others and do it with love. Thats precisely what God came to do for us and what he teached us by his exmple in Jesus who helped those in need and was accesible to those who lost hopes. Im glad this company gives hope and an oportunity to reach out and help. I personally know Patrice and his passion to help. Overall to give out to others what he received from Jesus. Glad to see people who have this vision

• It was fantastic to meet you in person as well, Monica!   I wish that others struggling with debt could see what we saw, and feel what we felt that day.  It was truly an experience that I will never, ever forget!

• Thank you so much for your comment, Perez.  My conversation with Patrice is burned vividly into my memory.  Not only did Patrice have a burning passion to help, but I could also feel his compassion for those in need.  I felt that to Patrice, this is more than just a job, it's a way to help people and make this world a better place - one person at a time.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment