Frugal but Healthy Home Remedies from Grandma’s Time

A Straight Talk on Debt

A Straight Talk on Debt gives you the real deal on debt, straight from our employees and personal finance experts. Learn more about debt relief plans and how to be financially fit.

Frugal but Healthy Home Remedies from Grandma’s Time

• Comments 38

As we move into October, I started thinking about winter and some of the unpleasant things it brings our way. 

Things that we don't seem to have much control over; such as catching a cold or, even worse, the flu. I usually spend at least half the winter coughing and no known over-the-counter prescription seems to bring about a cure. Then, there's the dreaded "congestion"; when you actually pray for just one good breath.

In a time of soaring health care costs - when a single trip to the doctor's office can cost hundreds of dollars and a visit to the hospital emergency room can balloon into thousands - it is comforting to know that there are many everyday health problems that you can safely and successfully treat with homemade remedies. 

You will be happy to discover that they can make a real difference in how you or a family member feels and when you start to mend without a budget-busting consultation at a medical facility or spending a small fortune at the drugstore.

Which brings me to my Grandma and her homemade remedies; guaranteed to bring about a cure for what ails you.

I can say this because many of her remedies were used on me as a child. 

Some of her homemade remedies used herbs and other natural ingredients that were known to our ancestors and have an honorable place in the history of healing. Keep in mind, in Grandma's time doctors and hospitals were not readily available, and the woman of the house was most often called upon to help a family member with a health issue.

Luckily, my Grandma kept a notebook with her healing recipes and that has been passed down through the family until it is now my time to be the "Keeper of the Notebook". 

I would like to share a few of her homemade remedies with you and, if you try them, you will probably save some of your hard earned dollars and feel much better in the process.

Steam Treatment for Congestion: You will need about 3 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh thyme, sage, peppermint, eucalyptus or pine needles and boiling water. 

1.  Put the herbs in a medium bowl and add the boiling water

2.  Lean over the bowl with a towel draped over your head and the bowl and inhale for 10 minutes. Repeat 2 or 3 times a day as needed.

Gargle Solution for a Sore Throat: In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine 2 heaping tablespoons brown sugar, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon baking soda and 1 quart warm water. Shake the mixture well before each use. Gargle with up to ½ cup of this mixture as often as needed.

Cough Suppressant Medicine: In a small saucepan, combine 1 large onion finely diced, 2 cloves garlic, finely diced, 2 tablespoons finely diced fresh ginger. Add honey to cover and cook over very low heat for 30 minutes. Then, mash together and let cool. Strain and store in a clean jar with a tight-fitting lid in the refrigerator. Take one teaspoon every 15 to 30 minutes.

Cough Suppressant Tea: In a standard teacup, steep 4 fresh sage leaves or 1 teaspoon dried sage in freshly boiled water for at least 20 minutes. Strain and drink hot or cold.

As with any medicine, these homemade remedies may not taste good but they will give excellent relief for colds, coughs, sore throat and congestion. 

I really feel that time is the real healer of these ailments rather than any medicine. However, if you can find a way to make yourself feel more comfortable and able to tolerate the "bug" that got you, why not give one of my Grandma's remedies a try. 

Kimberly Johns, Debt Management Plan Customer with Leading Provider of Debt Relief, CareOne Services, Inc. Kimberly Johns

Kimberly is enrolled on the CareOne Debt Management Plan (DMP). Kimberly is very active in the Community Forums, some of you may recognize her Community user name; Tiquie. Recently retired, Kim shares how she and her husband manage the financial challenges of living on a fixed income in their home state of Illinois. The John's have found some really creative and fun ways to offset the limitations of a retirement income. Kimberly generously shares smart and tested tips in her A Straight Talk on Debt blog! Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services.

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Hi, My name is JASON GREY and i just want to share my experience with everyone. I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until one day i discovered a hacking guy called CARL . he is really good at what he is doing. Back to the point, I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. If it works or even Exist. They told me Yes and that its a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions.. Four days later I received my card and tried with the closest ATM machine close to me, to my greatest surprise It worked like magic. I was able towithdraw up to $3000 . This was unbelievable and the happiest day of my life. So far i have being able to withdraw up to $48000 without any stress of being caught. there is no ATM MACHINES this BLANK ATM CARD CANNOT penetrate  because it have been programmed with various tools and software. it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you i don’t know why i am posting this here, i just felt this might help those of us in need of financial stability. blank ATM has really change my life. If you want to contact them, Here is the email address (atmcardservice41@gmail.com) And I believe they will also Change your Life.

• A PATH TO FOREVER FINANCIAL FREEDOM FOR EVERYONE upstartloan@yahoo.com or CALL/TEXT +1(574) 301-1639

Hello everyone in this forum, I am Jane Robin from palm Harbor Florida 34682. USA and want to use this medium to express gratitude to UP START LOAN for fulfilling their promise by granting me a loan, i was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never with success, and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, i was introduced by a friend named Mary Williams to UP START LOAN whom also confirmed to me that she also obtained a loan from them. In an attempt to resolve my current situation, i got in contact with the company via email and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 48hrs just like my friend Mary, i was also granted a loan of $80,000.00; So my advise to everyone who or know someone who desires a loan, if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 2% and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact UP START LOAN. Besides, he doesn’t know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, i'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on upstartloan@yahoo.com  CALL/TEXT +1(574) 301-1639 or visit their auxiliary webpage on  upstartloan4.wixsite.com/upstartloan

• A PATH TO FOREVER FINANCIAL FREEDOM FOR EVERYONE upstartloan@yahoo.com or CALL/TEXT +1(574) 301-1639

Hello everyone in this forum, I am Jane Robin from palm Harbor Florida 34682. USA and want to use this medium to express gratitude to UP START LOAN for fulfilling their promise by granting me a loan, i was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never with success, and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, i was introduced by a friend named Mary Williams to UP START LOAN whom also confirmed to me that she also obtained a loan from them. In an attempt to resolve my current situation, i got in contact with the company via email and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 48hrs just like my friend Mary, i was also granted a loan of $80,000.00; So my advise to everyone who or know someone who desires a loan, if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 2% and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact UP START LOAN. Besides, he doesn’t know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, i'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on upstartloan@yahoo.com  CALL/TEXT +1(574) 301-1639 or visit their auxiliary webpage on  upstartloan4.wixsite.com/upstartloan

• Hello,

What are your Financial needs?

We give out loans from a minimum of $2,000.00 to a maximum of $100,000,000.00 with comfortable duration that ranges from 1 to 30 years at a very reduced interest rate of 3%.

Do you need a business loan?

Do you need a personal loan?

Do you want to buy a car?

Do you want to refinance?

Do you need a mortgage loan?

Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists?

Please do not hesitate to contact us for possible business co-operation.

Contact us via email: upstartloan@yahoo.com or Text/Call +1(574) 301-1639

• Testimony of financial breakthrough from GOD through the help of Funding Circle Loan INC. (fundingcapitalplc@gmail.com  OR Call/Text  +14067326622)...

Hi I'am Evelyn Russell resident at 808 NE 19th St Oklahoma City, I am a single mother blessed with 2 daughters. For a while now I have been searching for a genuine loan lender who could help me with a loan as I no longer have a job, all I got were hoodlums who made me trust them and at the end they took my money without giving me any loan, my hope was lost, I got confused and frustrated, it became difficult for my family to feed with a good meal, I never wanted to have anything to do with any loan lending companies on the internet again. Not until I met a Godsent loan lender that changed my life and that of my family Through the help of a fellowship member "a lender with the fear of God in him Mr JASON RAYMOND, he was the man God sent to elevate my family from suffering. At first I thought it wasn’t going to be possible due to my previous experience until I received my loan worth $135,000.00 USD in less then 24hours. So my advise to anyone out there genuinely in need of a loan is to contact Funding Circle Loan INC through this official email:- fundingcapitalplc@gmail.com  OR Call/Text  +14067326622 and be financial lifted.

• LOAN LOAN LOAN !!!!!!

HELLO EVERYONE,  Note that MORIS LOAN COMPANY IS HERE TO HELP EVERYONE WHO IS IN NEED OF URGENT LOAN TO PAY OFF HE/HER BILLS, START UP NEW BUSINESS, HOME LOAN, STUDENT LOAN, PERSONAL LOAN  E.T.C. CONTACT MORIS LOAN  COMPANY IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF URGENT LOAN EMAIL US: (MORISLOANCOMPANY1@GMAIL.COM). I WANT YOU KNOW THAT MORIS LOAN COMPANY IS A LEGITEMATE COMPANY  WHERE YOU CAN FINALLY RECEIVE YOUR LOAN AS FAT YOU ARE REALLY LOOKING FOR URGENT LOAN.

MORIS LOAN COMPANY PROCCED THRER LOAN WITH 2-3 HOURS TIMETO THE BORROWER WHO IN NEED OF LOAN OK.

NAME OF COMPANY: MORIS LOAN COMPANY

COMPANY EMAIL: MORISLOANCOMPANY1@GMAIL.COM

THanks you all.

• FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH

Life indeed is GRACE, I'am Daan Sophia currently in California USA. I would like to share my experience with you guys on how I got a loan of $185,000.00 USD to clear my bank draft and start up a new business. It all started when i lost my home and belongings due to the bank draft I took to offset some bills and some personal needs. I became so desperate and began to seek for funds at all means. Luckily for me I heard a colleague of mine talking about this company, I got interested although i was scared of being scammed, I was compelled by my situation and had no choice than to seek advise from my friend regarding this very company and was given their contact number, getting intouch with them really made me skeptical due to my past experience with online lenders, little did i know this very Company "PROGRESSIVE LOAN INC. was a godsent to me and my family and the entire Internet World, this company has been of great help to me and some of my colleague and today am a proud owner of well organized business and responsibilities are well handled all thanks to Josef Lewis of (progresiveloan@yahoo.com).. So if really you are genuinely in need of a loan either to expand or start up your own business or in any form of financial difficulty, i advise you give Mr Josef Lewis of Progressive loan the opportunity of financial upliftment in your life  Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com  OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565  and not fall victim of online scam in the name of getting a loan. thanks

• FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH

Life indeed is GRACE, I'am Daan Sophia currently in California USA. I would like to share my experience with you guys on how I got a loan of $185,000.00 USD to clear my bank draft and start up a new business. It all started when i lost my home and belongings due to the bank draft I took to offset some bills and some personal needs. I became so desperate and began to seek for funds at all means. Luckily for me I heard a colleague of mine talking about this company, I got interested although i was scared of being scammed, I was compelled by my situation and had no choice than to seek advise from my friend regarding this very company and was given their contact number, getting intouch with them really made me skeptical due to my past experience with online lenders, little did i know this very Company "PROGRESSIVE LOAN INC. was a godsent to me and my family and the entire Internet World, this company has been of great help to me and some of my colleague and today am a proud owner of well organized business and responsibilities are well handled all thanks to Josef Lewis of (progresiveloan@yahoo.com).. So if really you are genuinely in need of a loan either to expand or start up your own business or in any form of financial difficulty, i advise you give Mr Josef Lewis of Progressive loan the opportunity of financial upliftment in your life  Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com  OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565  and not fall victim of online scam in the name of getting a loan. thanks

• FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH

• FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH

//

• We offer certified and verifiable bank instruments via Swift Transmission from a genuine provider capable

of taking up time bound transactions.

FOR LEASING OF BG/SBLC

MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M

LEASING FEE = 4%+2%

FOR PURCHASE OF FRESH CUT BG/SBLC

PRICE = 32%+2%

MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M

Our BG/SBLC Financing can help you get your project funded, loan financing by providing you with yearly

renewable leased bank instruments. We work directly with issuing bank lease providers, this Instrument can be monetized on your behalf for 100% funding: For further details contact us with the below information.

Contact name: Azra Ishaque

Email : lintel.financialservicesplc@gmail.com

• We are specialized in Bank Guarantee {BG}, Standby Letter of Credit {SBLC}, Medium Term Notes {MTN}, Confirmable Bank Draft {CBD} as well as other financial instruments issued from AAA Rated bank such as HSBC Bank Hong Kong, HSBC Bank London, Deutsche Bank AG Frankfurt, Barclays Bank , Standard Chartered Bank and others on lease at the lowest available rates depending on the face value of the instrument needed.

We deliver with time and precision as sethforth in the agreement. Our terms and Conditions are reasonable, below is our instrument description.

The procedure is very simple; the instrument will be reserved on euro clear to be verified by your bank, after verification an arrangement will be made for necessary bank documents and stock testing expenses, the cost of the Bank Guarantee will be paid after the delivery of the MT760.

DESCRIPTION OF INSTRUMENT:

Instrument: Bank Guarantee (BG/SBLC).

Total Face Value: Minimum of 1M Eur/USD (One Million Eur/USD) to Maximum of 5B Euro/USD(Five Billion Eur/USD).

Issuing Bank: HSBC London, Barclays Bank, Deutsche Bank Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Any AA rated Bank in Europe or any Top 25 WEB.

Leasing Price: 4% of Face Value plus 1% commission fees to brokers.

Delivery: Bank to Bank SWIFT.

Payment: MT-760.

Hard Copy: Bonded Courier within 7 banking days.

All relevant business information will be provided upon request plus our terms and

procedures.

Contact name: David Verney

Email : davidverney18@gmail.com

skype davidverney18@gmail.com

• I am a loan lender who is determined to help the poor and needy, if you  have urgent financial needs to take care of , you can let me know and I will help you out of all your financial difficulties.

You can get a loan from me at a very cheap interest rate of 2% and the loan processing takes maximum of 24/48 hours to deliver to you, If you need any type of financial help like

Home Loan

Car Loan

Personal Loan

Business Loan

College Loan

Money to pay bills

Secured/Non secured Loan e.t.c.

For any type of loan or financial assistance just contact me today : lavingtonfinance@gmail.com or you can call me or send a text to +18288270635 and I bet you will enjoy my services.

Best Regards

• I am a loan lender who is determined to help the poor and needy, if you  have urgent financial needs to take care of , you can let me know and I will help you out of all your financial difficulties.

You can get a loan from me at a very cheap interest rate of 2% and the loan processing takes maximum of 24/48 hours to deliver to you, If you need any type of financial help like

Home Loan

Car Loan

Personal Loan

Business Loan

College Loan

Money to pay bills

Secured/Non secured Loan e.t.c.

For any type of loan or financial assistance just contact me today : lavingtonfinance@gmail.com or you can call me or send a text to +18288270635 and I bet you will enjoy my services.

• Do you need 100% Finance? I can service your financial need with less pay back problem that is why we fund you for just 2%. Whatever your circumstances, self employed, retired, have a poor credit rating, we could help. Flexible repayment,Contact us

Thanks and God Blessings.

please Contact us at:

hacklords.investors@gmail.com

whatsapp +17042750147

Page 2 of 3 (38 items) 123
Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment