Teachers: Broaden Your Horizons by Teaching at International Schools

A Straight Talk on Debt

A Straight Talk on Debt gives you the real deal on debt, straight from our employees and personal finance experts. Learn more about debt relief plans and how to be financially fit.

Teachers: Broaden Your Horizons by Teaching at International Schools

• Comments 45

Do you have a teaching degree and a desire to sample life in other places around the world? Take your skills on the road to teach at international schools! Read on to find out how.

International Schools - What They Are

The term International Schools is a catch-all for schools abroad that teach a curriculum different to what is offered locally (and in a different language, such as English), often to children of expats or employees of foreign embassies. Sometimes they're called American Schools, British Schools, or even DoD (Department of Defense) schools.

Ivan Velasco and Kate Harvey have been teaching at International Schools around the world for the last 17 years (they met at the airport in Kuwait as they were both landing for their first teaching gig). They've worked in Kuwait, Guatemala, Colombia, Malaysia, and Chile (their longest stint being five years in Malaysia). I chatted with them about the ins and outs of life teaching at International Schools.

Compensation/Benefits

Most of the answers Ivan gave to my questions about teaching at International Schools started with "it depends on the school". For example, here are some of the benefits you can receive by teaching at international schools (depending on the school):

• Housing or housing allowance
  • Yearly return airfare to your home country
  • Tax-free salary
  • Relocation allowance
  • Contract renewal bonuses
  • Scholarships for dependents
  • Health insurance

"In some countries you get more benefits because the location is less desirable. In some countries you get less because local laws do not allow for it. In some places you get more because the school is better off financially. In some places you are lucky to get a flight paid for. It depends on the school."

Required Qualifications

Likewise with regards to required qualifications, this varies by school, but the standard requirements are usually a University degree and a teaching certificate/degree.

You'll probably end up signing a contract, and although the terms of the contract vary by school, you can generally expect the initial contract to be for two years, with subsequent contracts being renewed on a year-by-year basis.

Advantages and Challenges of Teaching at International Schools

Ivan says teaching at international schools is great for those with a sense of adventure, who are looking for cultural immersion, travel experiences, and also the ability to advance their teaching careers.

Of the challenges, Ivan cites "being far from family and old friends is probably the biggest challenge we have faced. Also, there are security issues in some places, strong cultural differences, language barriers, and our children lacking a 'home'".

Teaching at International Schools as a Family

Speaking of children, Ivan and Kate have two children (aged 5 and 6) who were both born overseas. They are both multi-lingual and have traveled to 13 countries on five continents.

"Many people do this with families. There are wonderful opportunities and also real challenges to this international, nomadic lifestyle. Kids grow up understanding that the world is larger than their hometown - that is huge. Also, we find that we are able to really focus on the things that are important to our family and let a lot of other things fade. It feels easier to live according to our value system than if we were in our home towns. There is a whole field of study that talks about Third Culture Kids or Cross Cultural Kids that outlines the benefits and challenges of raising kids in this lifestyle. Our kids get to go to great schools surrounded by classmates from all over the world and taught by inspired and motivated teachers. Hard to beat that part!"

Resources for More Information and Finding Jobs

There are a few agencies that specialize in putting schools and teachers together through databases and recruitment fairs. "Recruitment Fairs are probably still the greatest place to get the highest exposure and likelihood of obtaining a job," says Ivan. Here are some examples:

Search Associates

International Schools Services

Overseas Placement Service for Educators

Association of American Schools in South America (Recruiting Fair)

Council of International Schools

RELATED ARTICLES

Lifestyle Design 101

Creative Ways to Make Money Online

Under 30? Plan for a Working Holiday Abroad 

Nora Dunn, travel and lifestyle expert guest blogger for leading provider of debt relief, CareOne Services, Inc. Nora Dunn

Nora Dunn is The Professional Hobo: a full-time traveler and freelance writer. Having sold her business and belongings to travel, she has been on the road since 2007. She travels in a financially sustainable manner, specializing in creative travel strategies like getting free accommodation and flying in business class for less than economy prices; all the while earning income with her location independent career.

As a former Certified Financial Planner, she is financially responsible for her actions along the way. She believes there is a fine balance between planning for tomorrow, and living for today.

She has penned the book How to Get Free Accommodation Around the World, is contributing author to the book 10,001 Ways to Live Large on a Small Budget, and a regular columnist for Wise BreadTransitions Abroad, Credit Walk and many other publications.

Please enjoy her articles on the topics of travel, personal finance, and lifestyle design.

You can also connect with Nora on Facebook, Twitter, and Google + Nora Dunn

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW

Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

See how it works

Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked Atm card??

Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

Order for a blank Atm card now and get millions within a week!: contact us

via email address:: (perryatmmechine9941@gmail.com)

We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM

machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at

stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested

buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM

and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card

you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack

services, we are here for you anytime any day.

Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $185 USD

Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $355 USD

Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $600 USD

Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $1670 USD

make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via

email address:: (perryatmmechine9941@gmail.com)

• We offer certified and verifiable bank instruments via Swift Transmission from a genuine provider capable

of taking up time bound transactions.

FOR LEASING OF BG/SBLC

MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M

LEASING FEE = 4%+1%

FOR PURCHASE OF FRESH CUT BG/SBLC

PRICE = 32%+1%

MINIMUM FACE VALUE OF BG/SBLC = EUR/USD 1M

DESCRIPTION OF INSTRUMENTS:

1. Instrument: Bank Guarantee (BG/SBLC) (Appendix A)

2. Total Face Value: Eur 5M MIN and Eur 10B MAX (Ten Billion USD).

3. Issuing Bank: Barcley's Bank , HSBC Bank London, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank Frankfurt.

4. Age: One Year, One Month

5. Leasing Price: 4% of Face Value plus 1% commission fees to brokers.

6. Delivery: Bank to Bank swift.

7. Payment: MT-103 or MT760

8. Hard Copy: Bonded Courier within 7 banking day.

Our BG/SBLC Financing can help you get your project funded, loan financing by providing you with yearly

renewable leased bank instruments. We work directly with issuing bank lease providers, this Instrument can be monetized on your behalf for 100% funding: For further details contact us with the below information.

Contact Name: SILKE CHRISTA CERVENY

Email: inquiry.dcifinancial@gmail.com

• I Never Believed in Chester Brian Loan Company Until now.....(Brianloancompany@yahoo.com)

Hello All, I was really so downcast after losing so much and facing financial difficulties, no one to help me and all i could do was to just seat and watch my business going down and almost losing my son to an illness. But never the less i meet an old college mate who told me about the loan he got from Chester Brian Loan Company and until now the company have assisted so many of his friends seeking a loan. So i told him that getting a loan any more is not my style because of the disappointment from my bank and other loan company i trusted but he insisted i apply for it and now i can now boost of restoring my company back to its full glory. i will keep on testifying on behalf of Chester Brain Loan because they have made me to be a man again. So if interested in acquiring a loan of any kind email them today via: {Brianloancompany@yahoo.com } OR text (803) 373-2162 .Am Harvey Lee from United States

• WHENEVER YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONES NEED A LOAN UPSTART LOAN IS THE BEST, TESTED AND TRUSTED. BEWARE OF RIPPERS ONLINE.( Email: upstartloan@yahoo.com or text/call +1(574) 301-1639 ).

Good day, Out of my busy schedule just feel like to quickly share this because i know am going to save thousand of lives with this. A lot of persons will agree with me that fake loan lenders is no longer a news to us it has been trending for some months now and i was also victimized when i tried seeking for a loan for the invention of a new patent and invest on stock. After so many failed attempt to get a loan there was one company who proved themself to be different among the rest, They are trust worthy, straight forward, honest and reliable. I won't say much because as the saying goes "experience is the best teacher", I will candid advice anyone who need a loan of any amount to kindly contact this one and only true lenders UPSTART LOAN on their email address: ( upstartloan@yahoo.com ) Or you can as well text/call them on ( +1(574) 301-1639 ) .  I remain my humble self Wesley Kurt Dwayne, I reside at Park Ave Richmond VA 23220. Say no more to be victim of scam enough is enough for the wise, Don't trust until you verified contact UPSTART LOAN now and share your own awesome experience with them.

• WHENEVER YOU OR YOUR LOVED ONES NEED A LOAN UPSTART LOAN IS THE BEST, TESTED AND TRUSTED. BEWARE OF RIPPERS ONLINE.( Email: upstartloan@yahoo.com or text/call +1(574) 301-1639 ).

Good day, Out of my busy schedule just feel like to quickly share this because i know am going to save thousand of lives with this. A lot of persons will agree with me that fake loan lenders is no longer a news to us it has been trending for some months now and i was also victimized when i tried seeking for a loan for the invention of a new patent and invest on stock. After so many failed attempt to get a loan there was one company who proved themself to be different among the rest, They are trust worthy, straight forward, honest and reliable. I won't say much because as the saying goes "experience is the best teacher", I will candid advice anyone who need a loan of any amount to kindly contact this one and only true lenders UPSTART LOAN on their email address: ( upstartloan@yahoo.com ) Or you can as well text/call them on ( +1(574) 301-1639 ) .  I remain my humble self Wesley Kurt Dwayne, I reside at Park Ave Richmond VA 23220. Say no more to be victim of scam enough is enough for the wise, Don't trust until you verified contact UPSTART LOAN now and share your own awesome experience with them.

• A PATH TO FOREVER FINANCIAL FREEDOM FOR EVERYONE upstartloan@yahoo.com or CALL/TEXT +1(574) 301-1639

Hello everyone in this forum, I am Jane Robin from palm Harbor Florida 34682. USA and want to use this medium to express gratitude to UP START LOAN for fulfilling their promise by granting me a loan, i was stuck in a financial situation and needed to refinance and pay my bills as well as start up a Business. I tried seeking for loans from various loan firms both private and corporate organisations but never with success, and most banks declined my credit request. But as God would have it, i was introduced by a friend named Mary Williams to UP START LOAN whom also confirmed to me that she also obtained a loan from them. In an attempt to resolve my current situation, i got in contact with the company via email and undergone the due process of obtaining a loan from the company, to my greatest surprise within 48hrs just like my friend Mary, i was also granted a loan of $80,000.00; So my advise to everyone who or know someone who desires a loan, if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan online with low interest rate of 2% and better repayment plans/schedule, please contact UP START LOAN. Besides, he doesn’t know that am doing this but due to the joy in me, i'm so happy and wish to let people know more about this great company whom truly give out loans, it is my prayer that GOD should bless them more as they put smiles on peoples faces. You can contact them via email on upstartloan@yahoo.com  CALL/TEXT +1(574) 301-1639 or visit their auxiliary webpage on  upstartloan4.wixsite.com/upstartloan

• Attention! Attention!! Attention!!!,

*Debt Consolidation Loans *Business Loans *Personal Loans *Home Loans *Car Finance *Commercial Loans *Investments Loans *Debts Consolidation *Business Planning *Commercial Development Finance *Properties Mortgages *Bad credit loans *commercial loans *Start-up- working capital loans *Construction loans *Car loans, *Hotel loans*Student loans

We awaits your urgent your urgent reply via Email: (bdsfn.com@gmail.com)

- Complete Name:

- Loan amount needed:

- Loan Duration:

- Purpose of loan:

- City / Country:

- Telephone:

- How Did You Hear About Us:

CONTACT EMAIL:      bdsfn.com@gmail.com  

CONTACT EMAIL:      anatiliatextileltd@gmail.com

What is your situation? *Need 100% financing *Can't verify

income *Can't verify employment *Recently self-employed *Bankruptcy

Collections *Credit issues *Accumulated Bills Settlement * Personal

Investment Project or Company Investment Projects e.t.c. Apply for a

quick and convenient loan to pay off bills and debts, start a new

business or refinance your projects and expand your business in this

year 2013 at the cheapest interest rate of 1%. For more details email

us today via email:bdsfn.com@gmail.com

We awaits your urgent your urgent reply via Email: (bdsfn.com@gmail.com)

- Complete Name:

- Loan amount needed:

- Loan Duration:

- Purpose of loan:

- City / Country:

- Telephone:

- How Did You Hear About Us:

CONTACT EMAIL:      bdsfn.com@gmail.com  

CONTACT EMAIL:      anatiliatextileltd@gmail.com

Mrs.Emilia Fedorcakova

• Get rich today and take the risk of transforming your own life.Try and

get an ATM card blank today (MR ANDERSON) and be among the lucky ones who are benefiting from this card. This ATM card in white set is capable of hacking into any ATM anywhere in the world. I have to know about this ATM card when I was looking for work online about a month ago..It has really changed my life forever and now I can say I'm rich because I am a living testimony. The less money I get in a day with this card is $ 3,000.Every now and then keep pumping money into my account.It is programmed and also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email hackers:unlimitedhackersworld@gmail.com

• Get rich today and take the risk of transforming your own life.Try and

get an ATM card blank today (MR ANDERSON) and be among the lucky ones who are benefiting from this card. This ATM card in white set is capable of hacking into any ATM anywhere in the world. I have to know about this ATM card when I was looking for work online about a month ago..It has really changed my life forever and now I can say I'm rich because I am a living testimony. The less money I get in a day with this card is $ 3,000.Every now and then keep pumping money into my account.It is programmed and also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email hackers:unlimitedhackersworld@gmail.com

• Hi, My name is BRYAN WHYTE and I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until one day i discovered a hacking guy called CARL. I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. They told me that its a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions.. Four days later I received my card and tried with the closest ATM machine close to me, to my greatest surprise It worked like magic. I was able to withdraw up to $3000. I just felt this might help those of us in need of financial stability. blank ATM has really change my life. If you want to contact them, Here is the email address (atmcardservice41 @ gmail. com) And I believe they will also Change your Life.

• IQ FINANCE PLC provides a full financial planning service to both the commercial and domestic markets. At IQ FINANCE PLC we believe that financial planning is about two things: creating wealth and protecting wealth. These two objectives are at the heart of everything we do. And, as a member of IQ FINANCE Services, we give you a small-company service but with a large-company set up – the best of both worlds.

You are at liberty to engage our leased facilities into trade programs as well as in signature project(s) such as Aviation, Agriculture, Petroleum, Telecommunication, construction of Dams, Bridges and any other turnkey project(s) etc. Our terms and Conditions are reasonable.

Leasing Price : 4%+2%

Buying Price: 32%+2%

Contact us for more details on our terms and procedure of transaction.

Jamesolsen Terrazas

email : info.iqfinanceplc@gmail.com

• TRUSTEE ACCOUNT LIMITED is a British based financial consulting company with years of experience in the international and local finance market. Be it lease bank guarantee, Stand by letter of credit or any type of refinancing, talk to our team at TRUSTEE ACCOUNT LIMITED and certainly we will set your business on the right path with our sound and quality financial advice and services.

Our bank instrument can be help you fund you projects in Trading, funding project(s) such as Aviation, Agriculture, Petroleum, Telecommunication, construction of Dams, Bridges, Real Estate and all kind of projects.Having years of professional, invaluable experience in the banking and finance industry, and having access to dozens of different prominent trusted and reliable providers, our Financial Services consultants will crawl through hundreds of products to find one that perfectly matches your needs.

Purchase Instrument of BG/SBLC : 32%+2% Min Face Value cut =5M- 10B EUR/USD

Lease Instrument of BG/SBLC    : 4%+2% Min Face Value cut = 5M- 10B EUR/USD                                          

1. Instrument: Bank Guarantee (BG / SBLC) (Appendix A)

3. Issuing Bank: HSBC Bank London, Barclays, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank Frankfurt.

5. Leasing Price: 6% of Face Value plus 2% commission fees to brokers.

8. Hard Copy: Bonded Courier within 7 banking days.                                                                        

Name;ANDREW KELVIN

Email;trusteeactlmt@gmail.com

Skype;trusteeactlmt

• TRUSTEE ACCOUNT LIMITED is a British based financial consulting company with years of experience in the international and local finance market. Be it lease bank guarantee, Stand by letter of credit or any type of refinancing, talk to our team at TRUSTEE ACCOUNT LIMITED and certainly we will set your business on the right path with our sound and quality financial advice and services.

Our bank instrument can be help you fund you projects in Trading, funding project(s) such as Aviation, Agriculture, Petroleum, Telecommunication, construction of Dams, Bridges, Real Estate and all kind of projects.Having years of professional, invaluable experience in the banking and finance industry, and having access to dozens of different prominent trusted and reliable providers, our Financial Services consultants will crawl through hundreds of products to find one that perfectly matches your needs.

Purchase Instrument of BG/SBLC : 32%+2% Min Face Value cut =5M- 10B EUR/USD

Lease Instrument of BG/SBLC    : 4%+2% Min Face Value cut = 5M- 10B EUR/USD                                          

1. Instrument: Bank Guarantee (BG / SBLC) (Appendix A)

3. Issuing Bank: HSBC Bank London, Barclays, Credit Suisse and Deutsche Bank Frankfurt.

5. Leasing Price: 6% of Face Value plus 2% commission fees to brokers.

8. Hard Copy: Bonded Courier within 7 banking days.                                                                        

Name;ANDREW KELVIN

Email;trusteeactlmt@gmail.com

Skype;trusteeactlmt

• VICTORIA FINANCIER HELP MY FAMILY WITH LOAN @ 2% INTEREST RATE with victoriafinancier@outlook.com

VICTORIA FINANCIER COMPANY, offers all kind of loan, ranging from $5,000 USD to $100,000,000.00USD Max. if you need a loan amount quickly write to her Email now with ( victoriafinancier@outlook.com) .

She helped me when i was so much in need of money. I lost my job. i and my kids were almost evicted from our house. I seeks assistance from all the people that i know but i could not even get drugs for my child. I also develop brain tumor as a result of stress and excess thinking. In my messed life, i look online for assistance there i found Mrs Victoria Financier Loan Lending company. I read how she always help different people from different countries. I urgently contact her, explain my situations to her same day and then i ask for any assistance that can give because i don't want my kids trow out to street; She advised me to get a loan amount with long term of 10years. I follow her advice, insure my loan amount of $18,000.00USD that i borrowed. The funds was sent into my bank account 4 days of contacting her and she also send the transfer confirmation slip to me and my bank gave me the money in full when i went to withdraw. Victoria Financier service is so amazing. I recommend Victoria Financier Lending Company to you, contact her today and be patient with to assist you because lot's of person contact her daily for assistance. She will help you urgently. Her Email is: victoriafinancier@outlook.com

*Full Name:_________

*Address:_________

*Tell:_________

*loan amount:_________

*Loan duration:_________

*Purpose of loan:_________

*Monthly Income:__________

*Occupation__________

*Next of kin:_________

*Email :_________

Merry Christmas

• VICTORIA FINANCIER HELP MY FAMILY WITH LOAN @ 2% INTEREST RATE with victoriafinancier@outlook.com

VICTORIA FINANCIER COMPANY, offers all kind of loan, ranging from $5,000 USD to $100,000,000.00USD Max. if you need a loan amount quickly write to her Email now with ( victoriafinancier@outlook.com) .

She helped me when i was so much in need of money. I lost my job. i and my kids were almost evicted from our house. I seeks assistance from all the people that i know but i could not even get drugs for my child. I also develop brain tumor as a result of stress and excess thinking. In my messed life, i look online for assistance there i found Mrs Victoria Financier Loan Lending company. I read how she always help different people from different countries. I urgently contact her, explain my situations to her same day and then i ask for any assistance that can give because i don't want my kids trow out to street; She advised me to get a loan amount with long term of 10years. I follow her advice, insure my loan amount of $18,000.00USD that i borrowed. The funds was sent into my bank account 4 days of contacting her and she also send the transfer confirmation slip to me and my bank gave me the money in full when i went to withdraw. Victoria Financier service is so amazing. I recommend Victoria Financier Lending Company to you, contact her today and be patient with to assist you because lot's of person contact her daily for assistance. She will help you urgently. Her Email is: victoriafinancier@outlook.com

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) 123
Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment