Single and Settling In

Single life has its own unique challenges, personally and financially. Hear how these bloggers are making the single life work for them.
  • Single and Settling In

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

• 10 Comments
    From my first post you know a little about how I got here – in debt that is. Any of it sound familiar? Living beyond our means, spending more when we start to make more? Never saving for a “rainy day”? We aren’t alone, seems our country is right there with us, but that is a topic for later on! You’ve got a choice though, but you have to be ready to take it and it is a fine line of when that is. If you take a step to help yourself before you are ready to commit, you are going to fall back into your old patterns. If you take a step after it is too late, you are in desperate mode and in no shape to help yourself. Kind of like dating! I knew it was time for me to get some help when I was out of options. I did the debt consolidation loan (a couple of times) and still thought it best to continue to use my credit cards – didn’t work so well. I did the line of credit on my mortgage, not only did I continue to use the cards, but now the value of my house has dropped dramatically because of the housing market being the way it is, so I have no equity in my home…nice choice on my part. ...
  • Single and Settling In

Paper or Plastic?

• 7 Comments

How many times do you get asked that question? Usually not a really tough decision to make, unless it relates to your finances. Just over a year ago, it was time to decide….paper or plastic? Cold hard cash or credit? I chose paper – best decision I ever made. It took me a long time to get to a point that I could let go of “the plastic”. I am soon to be 34, single, never been married, no kids. I have always had good jobs and in my early and mid twenties I got paid very good money, but had no idea how to manage it. It isn’t like I was raised to live beyond my means, my parents were very conscious with their finances and always spoke about financial responsibility. My father was famous for saying “never rely on a man or anyone else to take care of you, always be prepared to take care of yourself”, my

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

In addition to the blogs, be sure to check out the new CareOne Groups:

Starting Out

Are you finally out on your own and figuring out how to balance your finances? If so, this is the group for you. In Starting Out, you can talk about the challenges you are dealing with in a group of like-minded people.

Settling In

Do you feel like you are finally understanding what being a "grown-up" is all about and are settling into your adult life? If so, this is the group for you. In Settling In you can connect with others who are just like you.

Balancing It All

Struggling to balance all that an established lifestyle has to offer? The balancing it all group is for you. Discuss the challenges you face when your responsibilities at work, at home and with family and friends all compete for your attention.

The New Retirement

Are you currently retired or planning on retiring very soon? If so, this is the group for you. Times have changed and so has retirement. Learn how others are redefining retirement.