Single and Settling In

Single life has its own unique challenges, personally and financially. Hear how these bloggers are making the single life work for them.
  • Single and Settling In

Teaching Kids About Money

• 1 Comments
    You will have to excuse me, but I have to tirade for a minute. Why in the world are we as a country not doing more to educate our kids about being financially responsible? You can say I’m crazy because our kids don’t need to know that at this point in their life, and I would agree with you, except….look at our country! I don’t care whether you are Democrat, Republican, Independent, Liberal, black, white, green or purple – we are an over indulgent nation and nothing is going to change unless we start to help people understand what financial responsibility is. We are in a “recession”, so what are we doing? Spending more to try and get out of it, except it’s not working and we seem to be getting deeper and deeper. The result, we still have to pay it back or our kids will or our kid’s kids will and so on. Granted this is a much bigger scale than the debt you and I are facing, but how much different is it really? When I made the “decision” to use credit cards or buy things that I truly couldn’t afford and then took ...
  • Single and Settling In

What Are You Looking For?

• 8 Comments
    I have been doing posts for a little over a month now and watching how the responses are to my blog and also the others that CareOne offers. My question to you is: what is it you really want to know? This is a resource for you to utilize and based on the number of views tracked in the blogs, I think I have an idea, but want you to tell me. There are many areas of debt related stories and advice I can give to those who are single or aren’t single, but it isn’t going to help any unless it is what you want to know about. Are you looking for the “silver bullet”? The one thing that will make all your debt go away? If you are, I don’t have that. Are you wondering if CareOne ...
  • Single and Settling In

Do You Really Want to Get Yourself Out of Debt?

• 7 Comments
    On the weekends and even during the week in the evenings, I spend a lot of my time volunteering at a horse rescue farm (see the picture). I started doing this over a year ago for 2 reasons, 1: I love animals – especially horses and 2: it prevented me from spending money in my free time! I am finding that I can learn a lot from my time there, and not only about caring for horses. For example, recently I was talking to the owner of the farm about the phone calls we get from people wanting to bring their horses to us. ...
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

In addition to the blogs, be sure to check out the new CareOne Groups:

Starting Out

Are you finally out on your own and figuring out how to balance your finances? If so, this is the group for you. In Starting Out, you can talk about the challenges you are dealing with in a group of like-minded people.

Settling In

Do you feel like you are finally understanding what being a "grown-up" is all about and are settling into your adult life? If so, this is the group for you. In Settling In you can connect with others who are just like you.

Balancing It All

Struggling to balance all that an established lifestyle has to offer? The balancing it all group is for you. Discuss the challenges you face when your responsibilities at work, at home and with family and friends all compete for your attention.

The New Retirement

Are you currently retired or planning on retiring very soon? If so, this is the group for you. Times have changed and so has retirement. Learn how others are redefining retirement.