Single and Settling In

Single life has its own unique challenges, personally and financially. Hear how these bloggers are making the single life work for them.

Deck The Walls!

• Comments 3

Are you hosting a  holiday get together?  Have you spent all your time and energy planning what you are going to serve and how many people to invite?  You might be looking around now and realizing that when you are on a budget and trying to get out of debt, sometimes things such as decorations get put on the back burner to save a little something.

No worries!  There are plenty of things that you can do that don't cost a dime and your home will be warm and inviting for your guests!  Take something as simple as the half bath that I am getting ready to make over.  In about 15 minutes, I changed it from an everyday bathroom to one that continues the holiday spirit throughout the rest of the house.

Start by taking any of the pictures on the wall and wrapping them - that's it.  It's a simple idea, guaranteed to get some great reactions.  Have extra gift bags or better yet, decorated gift boxes lying around - throw some tissue paper in them and you have some added fun.

Every year it is almost a given that I will receive all kinds of holiday creams, lotions, tissue, bubble bath, body wash, etc.  If you get similar things that you rarely use, save them and put them out next year for your guests to use.  They will appreciate it and you get good use out of gifts that you may not use as often as you'd like. 

Finally, add some holiday soap and Kleenex and you have your own little winter wonderland!  I usually throw in some holiday books in the magazine rack for good measure! 

Fun, easy and most of these ideas you can use around the house as well.  This year when you are opening gifts and getting gift bags that are only used once - before you throw anything away, donate or re-gift, think about next year and what might be fun to use to decorate with.  You'd be surprised!

• Better yet stop all of these materialistic habits, spending, giving, receiving and pumping millions of dollars into Corporate America and instead share the true meaning of Christmas with friends and family.  I can assure you it has nothing to do with MONEY and GREED.  If you celebrate the true meaning of Christmas is requires no decorations, no ribbons, no bows and no DEBT.

• Better yet stop all of these materialistic habits, spending, giving, receiving and pumping millions of dollars into Corporate America and instead share the true meaning of Christmas with friends and family.  I can assure you it has nothing to do with MONEY and GREED.  If you celebrate the true meaning of Christmas it requires no decorations, no ribbons, no bows and no DEBT.

• Better yet stop all of these materialistic habits, spending, giving, receiving and pumping millions of dollars into Corporate America and instead share the true meaning of Christmas with friends and family.  I can assure you it has nothing to do with MONEY and GREED.  If you celebrate the true meaning of Christmas it requires no decorations, no ribbons, no bows and no DEBT.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)