August, 2010

Single and Settling In

Single life has its own unique challenges, personally and financially. Hear how these bloggers are making the single life work for them.
  • Single and Settling In

I am so over OVERDRAFT fees!

• 3 Comments

These wonderful little fees have become my worst nightmare.  When I was using credit cards, I never dealt with these fees because if my account got low, I charged! 

• Single and Settling In

Don't Fall Prey to Store Displays

• 0 Comments

The year was 1990 and I was just about to start junior high. Eighth grade was a year of utmost Store social importance, as students from the district's two middle schools merged for the first time in the labyrinthine halls of the junior high campus.

• Single and Settling In

Even we have to prepare for Back-to-School

• 0 Comments

Let's face it.  Even if you don't have kids, the concept of "back-to-school" hits all of us.  The idea of summer for everyone is a time to be a little more carefree than the rest of the year. 

• Single and Settling In

What's in your pantry?

• 1 Comments

There has been one thing that has remained consistent over the 2 years that I have been on my DMP...I cannot figure out how to spend less on food. 

• Single and Settling In

City Girl meets Farmer's Market

• 0 Comments

Folks, if you are lucky enough to have a farmer's market nearby, please do visit it soon and often. You'll eat better, you'll save a bunch of money, and best of all, you'll be supporting local farmers and growers. As the saying goes: Think global, act local! 

• Single and Settling In

Don't lose out on summer fun

• 0 Comments

How many times do we say, "If I just had 1 more hour..." or "I would be able to get so much more done, if I just had another day..."  Let's think about it though. Would we really, or is it just an excuse? 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

In addition to the blogs, be sure to check out the new CareOne Groups:

Starting Out

Are you finally out on your own and figuring out how to balance your finances? If so, this is the group for you. In Starting Out, you can talk about the challenges you are dealing with in a group of like-minded people.

Settling In

Do you feel like you are finally understanding what being a "grown-up" is all about and are settling into your adult life? If so, this is the group for you. In Settling In you can connect with others who are just like you.

Balancing It All

Struggling to balance all that an established lifestyle has to offer? The balancing it all group is for you. Discuss the challenges you face when your responsibilities at work, at home and with family and friends all compete for your attention.

The New Retirement

Are you currently retired or planning on retiring very soon? If so, this is the group for you. Times have changed and so has retirement. Learn how others are redefining retirement.