September, 2009

In College and Starting Out

In college and just starting out as young adults, read along as these bloggers face a new stage and increased responsibility.
  • In College and Starting Out

Commuting – A Good Way to Save?

• 0 Comments

I attended college for five years - two years at a community college and three more at a university.  Both campuses were about 20 minutes away from my home - not a bad commute.  I didn't have a choice of staying on campus at the community college, but I did at the university.  I needed to make a tough decision when I transferred, whether it was cheaper to stay on campus or commute.

Job Searching on the Web

• 0 Comments

As a recent college graduate I have been embarking on the journey to find a job. I have used job search sites to try and find a position and have found that many are returning ads and useless results. This frustration has led me to find some other avenues for my job search. In this post I highlight some of my lessons and I hope that you will share yours as we all try to find jobs in a very different economy than when we started school.

Master’s Degrees’ – Are they Worth the Time and Money?

• 8 Comments

Since I've graduated from college I've been having a hard time finding a job. And, a lot of post grads are in my same situation, leading me to the idea of going back to school to get my master's degree.Mainly to possibly make myself more marketable in my career field, but also because I wouldn't have to start paying back my student loans, as well as freezing up some extra time to prepare myself for the professional world.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

In addition to the blogs, be sure to check out the new CareOne Groups:

Starting Out

Are you finally out on your own and figuring out how to balance your finances? If so, this is the group for you. In Starting Out, you can talk about the challenges you are dealing with in a group of like-minded people.

Settling In

Do you feel like you are finally understanding what being a "grown-up" is all about and are settling into your adult life? If so, this is the group for you. In Settling In you can connect with others who are just like you.

Balancing It All

Struggling to balance all that an established lifestyle has to offer? The balancing it all group is for you. Discuss the challenges you face when your responsibilities at work, at home and with family and friends all compete for your attention.

The New Retirement

Are you currently retired or planning on retiring very soon? If so, this is the group for you. Times have changed and so has retirement. Learn how others are redefining retirement.