December, 2009

In College and Starting Out

In college and just starting out as young adults, read along as these bloggers face a new stage and increased responsibility.
  • In College and Starting Out

A Financial Resolution

• 1 Comments

Every year I make some sort of New Year's resolution that I hope will better my life.  For example, I claim that I will stop eating too many sweets, or that I will only have fast food once a month, or maybe I'll quit procrastinating.  These are all very good resolutions, but I never seem to follow through -- because I know deep down that these claims have no real lasting effect on my life - unless the fast food and sweets cause me to develop high cholesterol! 

Frugal Gift Giving Tips for College Students

• 0 Comments

Our new college credit blogger Michelle walks you through frugal gift ideas for her family and friends.  The pressure to give holiday gifts has given her the inspiration to make good use of her resources and talents on a shoestring budget.

Avoid Credit Cards During The Holidays!

• 0 Comments

Holidays are an expensive time of year and a very stressful time for college students, because let's face it, they're notorious for not having a lot of money.  There are ways for college students to save for the holidays, such as taking advantage of sales and saving money, but there is something they should avoid - credit cards. 

Holiday Gifts on a Budget

• 1 Comments

The holidays are just around the corner, but for some college students, tight budgets will make the season a little less "merry." During my first year in college, I dreaded buying holiday gifts, because I knew my 12 hour per week income from the toy store wasn't going to cut it. The next year, I began to change my shopping habits. 

Transferring Colleges

• 0 Comments

When I decided to go to college, I made the choice of starting at a community college for the first two years. There are many reasons people transfer colleges.  In most cases, students are transferring to a four year school upon completion of community college.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

In addition to the blogs, be sure to check out the new CareOne Groups:

Starting Out

Are you finally out on your own and figuring out how to balance your finances? If so, this is the group for you. In Starting Out, you can talk about the challenges you are dealing with in a group of like-minded people.

Settling In

Do you feel like you are finally understanding what being a "grown-up" is all about and are settling into your adult life? If so, this is the group for you. In Settling In you can connect with others who are just like you.

Balancing It All

Struggling to balance all that an established lifestyle has to offer? The balancing it all group is for you. Discuss the challenges you face when your responsibilities at work, at home and with family and friends all compete for your attention.

The New Retirement

Are you currently retired or planning on retiring very soon? If so, this is the group for you. Times have changed and so has retirement. Learn how others are redefining retirement.