In College and Starting Out

In college and just starting out as young adults, read along as these bloggers face a new stage and increased responsibility.

A Financial Resolution

• Comments 1

Every year I make some sort of New Year's resolution that I hope will better my life.  For example, I claim that I will stop eating too many sweets, or that I will only have fast food once a month, or maybe I'll quit procrastinating.  These are all very good resolutions, but I never seem to follow through -- because I know deep down that these claims have no real lasting effect on my life - unless the fast food and sweets cause me to develop high cholesterol! 

This year, I thought about it and decided to make a resolution that will better my life and finances.  Starting in January, I've decided to consolidate any debt that I have accumulated in the last year.  I will not to apply for any more credit cards - no matter how tempting the offer, and I will now only use cash to buy things.  If I don't have the cash - I don't need it. 

Following through with these resolutions are something to take serious and try to make work.  Bettering my finances will help me to have a better year - financially.  Yes, I may not be able to buy that black cashmere sweater I've been eyeing up, or that ridiculously priced hand bag, or go out to dinner whenever I want - but my wallet and credit score will thank me.  

Resolutions are something that should help improve our lives.  You should choose to do something for yourself that will have a lasting effect on your life.  Bettering your finances will help you in the long run, because when you have no debt or credit cards, life just runs smoother.  Another resolution to consider - budgeting your finances.  It's amazing how many people don't budget their money - starting a budget for the New Year may make things a lot easier when it comes time to pay the bills.   

I'm notorious for not sticking to my New Year resolutions, but this year I feel really motivated to make some awesome changes in my life.  So, before the New Year - I'll make some final purchases and then I'm strapping down.  No more spur of the moment purchases.  I'm confident that this year's resolution will better my life for the future and I'm excited to get started.  I'll let you all know how it went in 2011! 

• I've wanted to set up a separate savings account for a while now but it wasn't until this past September that I actually went through with this. While simple, I really Nike's slogan Just Do It! Sometimes, that makes all the difference, just doing it

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)