Between work, school, and finances our lives are filled with stress.  Once the holidays roll around, our lives will become even more stressful with shopping, crowded malls, social gatherings, and last-minute details.  To help take the edge off, here are a few stress-relief tips that I use to get through the holidays:

Exercise: Exercise is a great way to relieve stress and it doesn't have to be expensive. I love to use dancing (salsa, hip-hop, etc.) workout videos. They're cheap and they do what they say they'll do. Another cheap way to exercise is to take a jog or brisk walk around the block. Try researching exercise routines online for other inexpensive workouts. You don't have to join an expensive gym to get exercise! Try it and see how great you feel!

Relaxation: Relaxation may seem like a broad term, but in my opinion, relaxing is probably the best way to relieve stress. There are many ways you can relax, such as meditation, napping (my favorite), taking a hot bath, reading a book, etc. Anything that you enjoy doing will relax you. To mix your exercise with relaxation, consider trying yoga or stretching techniques.

Eat right: Staying away from fatty and sugary foods will help you feel better. When your body feels good, so will you and the less stress you'll have.

Sleep: It's important that you get at least eight hours of sleep a night. A restful night of sleep will relax you and help get you through each day. If you have trouble sleeping, try a relaxation technique right before bed.

Stress impacts all of us, but if we prepare for it and try to keep a good attitude and implement stress-management tips, we will have an awesome holiday.  The holidays are supposed to be a joyous time of celebration, so who cares if you can't find that hot, new toy or that your green bean casserole didn't turn out right - it's the holidays - c'est la vie!

What are some ways you get through the holidays?  Do you have any stress-management tips?  Please, share with us all of your ideas and tips - we'd love read them!

Related Posts:

The Bliss of Forethought for Holiday Shopping

10 Ways to Save on Holiday

Holiday Spending Strategy

Mary Stolarik

Mary is a contributing writer for the Just Graduated & Starting Out blog. She is a recent college graduate, with an English Writing degree from the University of Pittsburgh - Greensburg, and she's in debt. Mary shares her experiences with job searching, managing her finances on a part-time job, and ways to save money along the way. Compensated CareOne Blogger.

To follow us click here