Just Graduated and Starting Out

Just graduated and starting out bloggers examine life after school. Read along as they manage their debt and expenses, while trying to make a living.

What’s your 2011 Resolution Going to Be?

• Comments 1

Every New Year, its custom to declare a resolution that will help you better yourself for the coming year.  Last year, I declared to exercise more and to lead a more healthy life. 

I followed through to a degree, but this coming year I want to be more committed.  This year, I'd like to "de-stress" about my finances.

I know it's hard to not stress about finances - I do it every day.  Stress puts a damper on your life and though there are stress management techniques to help you get through your day, the only way to truly feel better is to get rid of your stressor. 

I know I can't rid myself of financial problems completely, but I keep telling myself I need to quit worrying about money.  Therefore, I've decided to take my finances day by day.  I will pay my bills on time, save what I can, and if I have some extra cash to buy that new faux leather jacket - great!  If not, no big deal. 

I can only control my finances to a point and if I only spend money on things I can afford and cut up my credit cards, I'm on the track to a stress-free financial future. 

There are tons of other New Year's resolutions that you can declare, but consider a financial one this year.  Here are a few ideas:

• Stop spending money frivolously
  • Save 10% of your paycheck
  • Pack lunches instead of buying them
  • Cook dinner at home instead of going out
  • Pay off a credit card each month

A resolution may seem like a silly declaration that no one follows through with, but change that stereotype and follow through with yours.  Give your resolution a lot of thought and make sure it's something that you can do!

Do you know what your 2011 resolution is going to be?  Do you always follow through with your resolutions?  Please, share with us!

Related Articles:

Setting up a Budget

Setting the priority principle in motion

What to do When You Fall Behind....

Mary Stolarik

Mary is a contributing writer for the Just Graduated & Starting Out blog. She is a recent college graduate, with an English Writing degree from the University of Pittsburgh - Greensburg, and she's in debt. Mary shares her experiences with job searching, managing her finances on a part-time job, and ways to save money along the way. Compensated CareOne Blogger.

To follow us click here 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)