Just Graduated and Starting Out

Just graduated and starting out bloggers examine life after school. Read along as they manage their debt and expenses, while trying to make a living.

Keeping you & your wallet strong…

• Comments 2

Leading a healthy life is very important. To achieve good health, we eat right, exercise, ease stress, etc.  

Though a healthy life is important, so is a healthy wallet. 

By wallet, I mean anything that holds your money, such as a bank account, a piggy bank, a purse, etc. 

When we have a strong account of our money we feel more secure with our finances and are hopefully less stressed. 

Here are a few tips to help and keep a healthy wallet:

Strong Budget:  Knowing how much money you have to spend will allow you to plan for the future and help you to make sure your bills get paid.  Keeping track of your spending is the best way to control your finances.  I like to think of a healthy budget as a healthy diet.

Steady Income:  Personally, I know it's hard to keep a steady income, but I also know first-hand how much easier life is when you have money in your bank account.  It's hard to have a strong budget without a steady income, therefore do what you can to keep an income.  Whether you have a part-time job, a full-time job, or both, keeps the cash flow moving. 

Everyday Savings:  Saving money is a great way to keep a strong budget and bank account.  Saving change, dollar bills, or birthday money will help you out on a rainy day, give you extra wiggle room in your budget, or allow you to buy those winter boots you've been eyeing up.  You can also save money by using coupons at the grocery store, utilizing sales at your favorite shops, and packing your lunch.

These are only a few ways that can help you to have a strong wallet and a healthy life. When you feel less stressed about money, you feel better about yourself, which will lead you to a more healthy life.  Just think how good and in-control you'll feel when all of your finances are in order and there is money in the bank.

How do you keep you and your wallet strong?  Please, share with us all of your tips and hints to leading a healthy, financial life!

Related Articles:

Organizing your Life can save you Money...Really!

I can't budget, so I color code!

What to do When You Fall Behind....

Mary Stolarik

Mary is a contributing writer for the Just Graduated & Starting Out blog. She is a recent college graduate, with an English Writing degree from the University of Pittsburgh - Greensburg, and she's in debt. Mary shares her experiences with job searching, managing her finances on a part-time job, and ways to save money along the way. Compensated CareOne Blogger.

To follow us click here

• Even though they seem like a good idea, I'm asking you to say no to credit cards.

• No matter what the cause, it is worth your time and effort to find ways to avoid late payments. The impact is too detrimental to ignore.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)