While being on a Debt Management Plan (DMP) can be very stressful, it is always good to know that you have the support of your family. 

Shortly after starting the DMP through CareOne, we found out that we were going to have a baby.

Being on a DMP and having a family It wasn't easy, but through a lot of planning we were able to save some money to cover unexpected expenses. Unfortunately, I missed a step in my paperwork and didn't receive any money from disability while on maternity leave. Luckily, since we'd planned ahead, we had around $600 ready to ensure that I was able to pay my plan.

No matter what the issue may be, remain focused; know that staying on top of the payment plan is beneficial to you, and necessary for starting fresh again.

As far as children go, they are an additional expense. It helps to watch for coupons and, if possible, join a local wholesale club, like BJ's or Sam's Club. Annual memberships usually range anywhere from $40 to $50, and oftentimes it is very beneficial to buy in bulk. While diaper prices might be higher, save money in the long run by using club coupons.

If you anticipate a life-changing event might happen, like having a baby, always try to be prepared. Whenever possible, try to set aside money to cover an extra bill or payment. At least you know you have a cushion, in case a major issue does arise. I know that this is easier said than done.

My daughter is three now; we have not started her in daycare yet, but I have done research and discovered that parents can always look for support for the cost of daycare. Try visiting your county website, search "daycare assistance," and review the website for additional information.

No matter what is going on finically, just remain focused and know that there is always something that you can do to improve your situation.  

Kelly Rockafellow, My Journey out of Debt Customer Blogger, Debt Management Plan CustomerKelly Rockafellow

Kelly is enrolled in the CareOne Debt Management Plan (DMP). As she and her family approach the end of their plan, Kelly is going to share with the community what has made her stay on track and remain motivated. Kelly runs a business from her home and is anxiously waiting to successfully complete her plan so that she and her boyfriend can get married. Follow Kelly's story under the My Journey out of Debt blog. Compensated CareOne Debt Relief Services blogger.

Check us out on Facebook and on Twitter.