Is it Time for Some Financial Spring Cleaning?The ultimate objective when it comes to spring cleaning is to de-clutter, air out, and get organized.

There are certain times of the year when you just feel the need to get organized, to clean up, and to clean out. It feels almost like a biological imperative. 

Without much thought on your part, the couch is moved from its place so you can sweep beneath it. Disinfectant sprays suddenly attract a new level of interest. Every bit of the home is scoured and cleaned; nothing is spared. Rugs, drapes, bedding, knick-knacks, floors, ceilings-everything gets a good cleaning. YEP!!! You've been gripped by the urge to Spring Clean.

Getting organized financially does not need to wait until a certain time of the year, but since we are all in the mood for getting organized, why not put that at the TOP of the "To Do" list?

CareOne was the solution to the financial clutter that accumulated in my life over many years.  Although I still received a bill from every creditor, every month, once on the Debt Management Plan (DMP), I only had to worry about making ONE PAYMENT . . . a check mark toward getting organized.

In an effort to de-clutter, I found years and years of statements in file cabinets, stashed here and there throughout the house. With the first step toward organization behind me, the urge to hold on to that clutter seemed to disappear. Therefore, I had a shredding party and how the kids enjoyed that!!! Why was I holding on to statements, month after month, year after year, when the balance was only moving by a few dollars and no pay-off was in sight? I have no idea, but with the fever to get organized, it did not matter anymore.

Organization helps you learn where everything is, and with all the disorder and clutter gone, now you can see the path more clearly. This is how I wanted to be financially. Having a plan in place helps this process move as smoothly as it can. Once you have accomplished your goals then you can step back and enjoy this newly found place called Organization.

It's true, financial spring cleaning will last longer than a season or two, but when it's all cleaned up, what will you have taken away from it?  Well, the path is clearer now and everything is in its proper place.  Instead of a mound of billing statements every month, I truly only get a lot of junk mail, which quickly makes its way to the trash . . .therefore keeping that Fresh-and-Organized-Spring-Clean atmosphere year round.

To read more from Debt Management Plan graduate Zandra, click here.

Zandra Halley, Debt Management Plan Customer, CareOne Debt Relief Services Zandra Halley

Zandra Halley has been on a Debt Management Plan (DMP) with CareOne Debt Relief Services since July 2007 and recently graduated to become debt free! Zandra works as an Administrative Assistant and considers herself a part of the 'Sandwich Generation' - caring for a young child, as well as aging parents under the same roof. Having officially completed the Debt Management Plan, Zandra is excited to share what her experience on the DMP was like as well as what made her experience a successful one. Look for more posts under the My Journey Out of Debt blog. Compensated CareOne Debt Relief Services Blogger.