What Is Your Spring Break?If you are (or have ever been) a student; whether in elementary school, a student taking classes at a community college, university, or a trade school, I can guarantee you that one thing you looked forward to every year was Spring Break. 

That time when everything stopped for a week and you could be free to do whatever you wanted: 

• Head to the beach.
  • Hit the slopes.
  • Or just stay at home and not worry about a thing. 

Life was good! 

Well, Spring Break isn't just for students you know! For everyone, Spring Break should be a time to step back and recharge our batteries after a long winter. Whether you have worked hard at studying for finals, worked hard at your job, or worked hard as a parent, I like to think of Spring Break as a reminder to stop for a minute and appreciate what you have. 

Yes, it is usually centered around the Easter Holiday, but it doesn't have that same "holiday season chaos" that some of the other holidays have. So, I invite you to explore your own Spring Break . . . go ahead, I dare ya!

Here are some ideas that you could try, for not a lot of money!

• Take a weekend trip or even a day trip and explore someplace that you've never been before.
  • Have a family movie day . . . everyone in the family gets to pick out a movie they want to watch. Make popcorn and sundaes and spend the day on the couch watching everyone's favorite movies
  • Explore your downtown. Whether you live in a big city or a small out of the way town, I bet there is a Main Street you probably drive through every day but have never walked down.
  • Spend a day volunteering with an organization that supports a cause you hold dear to your heart. Animals, kids, the environment-there are organizations out there for every cause and they would love to have your help

So, no worries if you don't have the funds for an expensive Spring Break vacation, avoid the hassle and cost of traveling and try to enjoy what is around you. You will save money, bond as a family, and most likely feel a little more rested, a little more rejuvenated, and a lot more ready for the next part of the year!

Related Posts:

Spring Break on a Budget

Gimme a Spring Break

Katie Simmons Lupo, CareOne Services, Inc. Customer BloggerKatie (Simmons) Lupo

Katie is currently enrolled in the CareOne Debt Relief Services Debt Management Plan (DMP). You can read more about Katie's experience in the My Journey out of Debt blog. In her blog, Katie explores life without credit cards, living on a 'real' budget and making that adjustment from spender to saver. A newlywed, Katie candidly addresses how debt has influenced her choices in love and life. Look for older posts by Katie under the Single and Settling In blog. Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services.

To follow CareOne click here!