My Journey out of Debt

Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more.

Do You Remember When . . .

• Comments 1

Do You Remember When . . . I do. I was about twenty-six years old. I had a really good job, making really good money. I lived on my own and was loving life. 

I had at least four or five credit cards, because I had excellent credit. I bought a car that was a little out of my price range, but I really wanted it. I had the best clothes, from the trendiest stores. 

I had it all, and I wasn't really paying for it. 

Fast forward about six years. Thirty-two years old. Everything in my life was still pretty much the same, except I realized that the balances on my credit card bills never went down. I started to notice that the "good life" that I had been living wasn't so good and the cost of this life was finally catching up to me. I had to start paying for the life I was living and the sad thing is, I really had nothing to show for the money I was spending. 

It was quite sobering, and I was pretty ashamed of myself for letting it happen. I think I am a smart, successful woman, but there I sat with a huge amount of debt that was overwhelming. Yep. I remember. 

I remember every day how I ended up in debt.

My story may sound familiar or it may be different from yours, but I bet you remember the details of how you realized you needed help just as I do. I can even remember thinking about what I was doing when I was racking up the debt but ignoring that inner voice that told me to stop. In my mind, I was doing what I was supposed to be doing-having fun and enjoying life. 

Clearly I had a wake-up call.  

I love this article. It is a great reminder that there are very few ways getting in debt will pay off for you. I actually posted this article on my fridge as a "friendly" reminder to check myself before making certain purchases.

I guess this blog entry is a way for me to tell you that throughout your process of getting out of debt, it is always a good idea to remember where you started and look at where you will be. 

As you doubt what you are doing and question yourself, remember your story and remember that you are working toward that happy ending to your story.

Related Posts:

The Cost of Living or Just Expensive Living

Gas Prices, Nuff Said

Katie Simmons Lupo, My Journey Out of Debt Customer Blogger Katie (Simmons) Lupo

Katie is currently enrolled in the CareOne Debt Relief Services Debt Management Plan (DMP). You can read more about Katie's experience in the My Journey out of Debt blog. In her blog, Katie explores life without credit cards, living on a 'real' budget and making that adjustment from spender to saver. A newlywed, Katie candidly addresses how debt has influenced her choices in love and life. Look for older posts by Katie under the Single and Settling In blog. Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services.

To follow CareOne click here!

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Oh, yes I do remember and it was a very similar story.  Thank you for the reminder.  We all need them from time to time.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)