Being Creative In An Ever-Changing Marketplace

My Journey out of Debt

Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more.

Being Creative In An Ever-Changing Marketplace

• Comments 2

Being Creative In An Ever-Changing Marketplace Frankly, my concept of creative development begins with a thirst for knowledge and a passion for things unknown. I guess when we stop and marvel at many technological advancements in our lifetime, we should be astounded. I may be revealing my age, but when I was in college, all computer paper was the large green and white striped paper with the holes on both sides followed by ridges used to detach it from the spool after you ran your program. When I graduated from college, DOS was the operating system that most private sector companies used.

Needless to say, Windows dominates most if not all PC computing, and a ream of copy paper works just fine in printers today. Not only are we an internet-based society, but Wi-Fi is commonplace in most parts of the planet.

So if you are wondering what my point is, my illustration is an attempt to emphasize how the world continues to evolve and how as working professionals, we too, must continue to evolve. Creativity is an innate ability to envision what others may require, what stimulates the intellectual palate, or what society may need in the not-too-distant future to advance.

Secondly, I believe a creative person must intellectually lean forward. It is perfectly fine and intelligent to accept and embrace the present. However, a creative person must be interested in pushing the envelope and be dissatisfied with the status quo. Dissatisfied may be too harsh of a word, but a creative person must see a vision for their product or services in the context of what others may desire in years to come. Leaning forward intellectually implies you are willing to go beyond and not simply exist in a pedestrian way. Reading stories and biographies of famous over-achievers results in finding common characteristics, drive, passion, and vision to name a few.

We are living in a time in history when things are not as stable or prosperous as we would like but we are recovering and improving economically. The silver lining is, if a person is creative and successful enough to bring new products/services to market during this point in time, there should be some level of prosperity to follow.

America has been the incubator for ingenuity and creativity for more than two hundred years. With the advent of Wi-Fi and smart hand-held devices, I will not be surprised of the progression of inventions to greater heights that I simply cannot imagine.

The challenge lies therein, for anyone to continue to push themselves academically, intellectually, and professionally in whatever arena they so choose. However, I want to emphasize that creative and successful people must have the brilliance, drive, diligence, and passion. Success simply does not knock on someone's door one day and walk into their lives. I believe being creative in today's marketplace mandates energetic, passionate, intelligent people who have the ability (or gift) to have a vision for the future. 

This drive for success often masquerades itself as compulsive behavior but in the end it is this type of person who ends up earning millions of dollars or literally saving lives. Being creative in an ever-changing marketplace is solely up to you.

No matter what life throws at you, you have been given the ability to overcome all of it.

As large as problems, setbacks, failures, etc. loom, your resources can be larger. You have parts of your brain you haven't used yet, you have resolve that hasn't been tested, you have creativity that hasn't been utilized yet.

There is no problem or challenge the world can send your way that you can't find a way to solve. So, next time a problem or creative challenge comes your way that seems overwhelming, don't panic-tell yourself you can handle it and then dig deep into your well of strength and find a way to handle it.

Joe Thompson, My Journey Out of Debt Customer Blog, CareOne Debt Relief ServicesJoe Thompson

Joe Thompson has been a Debt Management Plan (DMP) customer with CareOne Debt Relief Services since September 2008 and recently graduated to become debt-free!! Joe Thompson is active in many non-profit areas including; acting as Site Director for I.S. 8 NIKE Youth Basketball and has served as a mentor to many young inner city youths. As a hobby, Joe is a high school and college basketball referee in the New Jersey tri state area. Having officially completed the Debt Management Plan, Joe Thompson is excited to share what his experience on the DMP was like as well as what made his experience a successful one. Look for more posts under the My Journey out of Debt blog. Compensated CareOne Debt Relief Services Blogger.

To follow CareOne click here!

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Joe, you are a great writer -- and an inspiration when I read your article. Being a creative person myself, with more ideas than I can implement, sadly I come up short on the drive to persevere when difficulties in my life arise. I have difficulty staying focused on my projects. In reading your article, however, you have given all the necessary items to contemplate and take action upon whether things are going easy or things are going difficult, to achieve success. Thank you very much.

Lelihana

• Tulasi, thank you for your kind words. I am overwhelmed by your genorosity. I am merely a product of good parents and lucky circumstances. On behalf of all the people who inspired and influenced my life, thank you. J

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)