Making it Through the Storm and Becoming Debt Free

My Journey out of Debt

Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more.

Making it Through the Storm and Becoming Debt Free

Rate This
  • Comments 2

Making it Through the Storm and Becoming Debt FreeEven though we are all enrolled debt relief programs, we are at different stages. You could have just started, are halfway through it, or only have a few more months to go before you are debt free.

If you have just started your plan, just relax as it will take some time before you start to see results. I can assure you that you will see them. Make sure that you stay on top of your bills and that your creditors are accepting your payments. 

I had a student loan and my lender really wasn't going to change my payment plan, so I just continued to pay that loan separately. I tried getting Dell accepted into my debt management plan, but they don't work with third party agencies, they only work with individuals. I hope that this knowledge can help anyone who might have them as a creditor on the plan or who may be thinking about adding them to their plan.

If you are halfway through the plan, I am sure that you, like me, are counting the months until you know that you can put your monthly payments toward different things. We have planned to make purchases with cash or a take a family trip.

Continue to stay focused and plan accordingly to ensure you don't miss a payment. If an unplanned issue does arise, just try to plan an alternative way to pay the monthly payment. Always keep your options open and be aware that you really shouldn't miss a payment. I have come close to missing my payment twice, but by cutting back my spending or not going anywhere that month, I was able to avoid, going to creditors with my problem.

I know that can't be helped, but if you can find an alternative its all the better for you. Do your best so you can finish the plan within the accepted time frame.

If you've already completed your plan, I am looking forward to being in your shoes. I wonder how it feels to have this debt off your shoulders?

I have learned from my mistakes; I will be more careful with how I use any credits cards I may get in the future. I consider this debt relief plan to be an eye opener. I am grateful that I haven't had to think of extremes such as bankruptcy. I want to continue to do better rather than worse.

Thank you CareOne!

Kelly Rockafellow, CareOne Debt Management Plan Customer Kelly Rockafellow

Kelly is enrolled in the CareOne Debt Management Plan (DMP). As she and her family approach the end of their plan, Kelly is going to share with the community what has made her stay on track and remain motivated. Kelly runs a business from her home and is anxiously waiting to successfully complete her plan so that she and her boyfriend can get married. Follow Kelly's story under the My Journey out of Debt blog. Compensated CareOne Debt Relief Services blogger.

Check us out on Facebook and on Twitter.

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • There have been times for me as well where I wasn't sure how I was going to make it through a month.  It became easier once creditors got paid off.  Only because I knew if I ever absolutely had to that I could lower my monthly payment by the amount those paid off creditors were being paid.  I am thankful I never had to lower my monthly payment to that degree.  I am looking forward to the next 4 months being done.  At that time I will be debt credit card debt free!!  It is a tough road at times, but well worth it in the end.  

Keep up the great work!!  I look forward to hearing about the day you too will be debt free!!

• @Mdavis1964 I will done with my debt around the same time as you. We are lucky, but there others that how no control but to miss a skip a payment.  Thank you very much ! I will very so happy to done with the payments. Then I can find other uses for the my my debt payment money to go towards monthly.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)