Who is on Your Side?Everyone needs a cheerleader. Everyone needs someone to go to for advice, support, and information. When the body and mind want to quit, you need a voice whispering in your ear reminding you that you can and will make it. Friends, family, or other professionals can make up your "success support team." This is the most critical ingredient for your "success journey."

Most of us have friends and acquaintances, but the big question is, "Can you trust these people with your life?" Your "success support team" should be people you can trust and feel comfortable confiding in with your secret thoughts, hopes, and aspirations. They should be ambitious and smart and appreciate your plans to make your dreams become reality. 

If you don't have a "success support team," it's time to start assembling one. Having success support is about having people in your life who care about you and are loyal to you, as well as having people in your life who are positive, intelligent, ethical, and ambitious. Having quality people participating in your success journey who are enthusiastic about helping is absolutely essential to your success.

Your success support team gives you feedback, helps you brainstorm new possibilities, and sets up accountability structures that keep you focused and on track. You must create a success support group that will brainstorm together with you and help you move closer to all of your goals and dreams. Success support is a significant, critical ingredient for you in achieving all your goals and making your dreams come true.

Many of us would not be where we are today without a special someone in our life who encouraged us and made us feel confident. That very first person would most likely be your mother. She gave you the courage to take your very first baby steps. She was always there to pick you up when you fell, and helped you get started again. 

Perhaps, there was a special teacher in your life-someone who knew you could do a certain task before you realized it yourself. My special teacher was my 8th grade math teacher. Although I was almost a straight-A student, math was always my downfall. Math kept me from getting straight A's on my report card. Math kept me up late at night trying to understand each day's assignment. 

My mother was pushed to her limit each time she tried to help me. It seemed so simple to her and she could not understand why it was so difficult for me. Back in the day, 8th graders took proficiency tests to see where they would be placed in high school. Unlike today, there were graded classes with the smartest kids in one class, the slowest kids in one class, and the in-the-middle kids in one class. My test scores put me in the smart kids class in everything except math. 

I was on the borderline and could go into Freshman math or Algebra I. My math teacher met with my mother and encouraged her to enroll me in Algebra I (after all, I would be in the slow Algebra I class) because he had faith in my ability to handle the slower class. So, I was enrolled in Algebra I and made straight As. Without his input, I would have been enrolled in Freshman math. 

We all had to pass a driver's test in order to get our license to drive. Who helped you learn to drive and took you out to practice?  Without that person, could you have passed the test and gotten your license? I could not have, and I'm very thankful for the support of my dad and my boyfriend, who already had his license. I was 16 and he was 17 with a year's worth of driving experience under his belt.  He spent hours teaching me to parallel park, but I finally got the hang of it. That support team was small but they were a tremendous support in helping me learn to drive and pass the test.

Later in life, I got a job that required me to plan large events. Planning meant everything from conception to the actual event. This job was stressful but when an event was done successfully, I also got a great deal of personal satisfaction. I could not have achieved success in this job without a team of dedicated, resourceful, supportive people whom I could go to for whatever I needed. 

I trusted my support team and knew they would be truthful in their assessment of my ideas as well as competent in helping me get the job done.  One event I will always remember was a Christmas party for a large group of very successful people. They came from different walks of life and held positions within their various companies as CEOs and managers. They were people who had attended many functions throughout their careers and they were used to the very best. My support group and I went into planning the Christmas party with one thought in mind: to make this party remarkable and memorable. I knew we had done just that when several days later I happened to run into one of the people who attended the party. He thanked me for the great time they had and left me with these words, "That was the best party my wife and I have ever attended. You hit a home run!"

In closing, I want to say, "You Gotta Believe Before You Achieve." If you have a positive attitude and a strong support team, you are on your way to becoming a successful person. 

There are 365 days in a year and every day is an opportunity to achieve something. If you trust yourself and your support team, the sky's the limit!   

Kimberly Johns CareOne Customer for the My Journey out of Debt BlogKimberly Johns

Kimberly has been on the CareOne Debt Management Plan (DMP) for just under a year. Kimberly is very active in the Community Forums, some of you may recognize her Community user name; Tiquie. Recently retired, she is going to share how she and her husband manage the financial challenges of living on a fixed income. The John's have found some really creative and fun ways to offset the limitations of a retirement income, which Kimberly is generously planning to share in her My Journey out of Debt blog! Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services.

To Follow CareOne click here!