Managing Your Money - It’s Not Always Easy  Managing your money is not always as easy as it sounds. You sometimes find that your expenses are about the same, if not more than your income. I hate to say this, but if that's the case then you may have to give up something, try to get a second job to help you achieve your financial goals.

Your money is a huge part of your life. It can determine what you can do and where you can go. Learning how to manage your money the right way is an important step toward taking control of your life. 

Understand where your money is coming from, where it's going to, and how to make sure that the way you manage your money falls in line with the values that matter most to you.  

Establishing a budget and sticking to it isn't easy at times, but it's the best way to remain in control of your finances and make sure your money is going toward the expenses that matter most to you. 

In addition to a solid budget, you really need to have a savings account.

Believe me, I have been through this Debt Management thing, I know that it is not easy to pay your bills each month, let alone save. But just a small amount over time will add up. Pay yourself first, is what the experts say.

It is through saving that you create that cushion to prevent you from falling back into old habits. Putting a small amount aside into a savings account and not touching it will give you something to use for a future purpose. You could even have a goal, like saving up for something special that you really want to get or for some place you really want to go. 

When my wife and I finally finished our CareOne Debt Management Plan we were able to buy a new car. Well, it was close to new and it was new to us; it had less than a hundred thousand miles and was less than ten years old.  

My advice to you is to save a little, don't spend more than you can afford to pay on a monthly basis, and keep accurate records. That way you can see if you are keeping to your budget and have your goals on track.

It may seem like a long journey, but it is worth the trip.

You can do it; we did and the rewards are well worth the effort.  

Good luck on your climb out of debt and may God Bless. 

Related Posts:

One Step at  a Time

Dennis Bauman, Debt Management Plan Graduate, CareOne Serviecs, Inc. Dennis Bauman

Dennis Bauman has been on a Debt Management Plan (DMP) customer with CareOne Debt Relief Services since October of 2007 and recently graduated to become debt-free!! Dennis Bauman works in the manufacturing industry, creating floor tile. Having officially completed the Debt Management Plan, Dennis Bauman is excited to share what his experience on the DMP was like as well as what made his experience a successful one. Look for more posts under the My Journey Out of Debt blog. Compensated CareOne Debt Relief Services Blogger.