My Journey out of Debt

Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more.

I See the Light . . . It’s About Time!

• Comments 7

I See the Light . . . It’s About Time!I never thought I would get to the day when I could see the light at the end of my debt tunnel. 

It is really right around the corner. I just reviewed my most recent statements from loans and credit cards and even with some setbacks, both minor and major (I'm talking to you air conditioning unit for deciding to break during the record-breaking heat of July), I have eliminated almost $50,000 in debt!

The remaining debt is just a couple of months away from being gone. 

Did you hear that? That was me taking the enormous weight off my shoulders and allowing myself to breathe just a little bit. I know you hear it every week from various bloggers, but I just have to remind you to stop and check your balances once in a while. Enjoy what you are doing and what is happening to you. 

If you are in year one, the high balances won't seem to diminish quickly enough, but just when you think you can't take anymore, pull out those statements and see what you've done! Give yourself a little pat on the back and enjoy the moment. You deserve it.

Having the end in sight is exhilarating and shows me how much I have grown and accepted my "failures" and made them successes. 

Yes, paying down the debt alone is enough to be proud of, but for me it represents so many other changes I have made in my life. The act of paying off this debt is a testament to my personal growth:

• Developing self-control
  • My ability to deal with stress
  • Learning to take control of my life
  • My understanding and willingness to work hard and be dedicated to reach my goals
  • To not take the easy way out . . .

So, for me, the end of my Debt Management Plan is much more than paying off $60,000 in debt, for me it represents a past that I am ready to forget and a future that I am excited for.

Related Posts:

5 Easy Steps To Accomplish Your Goals

Katie Lupo, Debt Management Plan Customer for CareOne Services, Inc. Katie (Simmons) Lupo

Katie is currently enrolled in the CareOne Debt Relief Services Debt Management Plan (DMP). You can read more about Katie's experience in the My Journey out of Debt blog. In her blog, Katie explores life without credit cards, living on a 'real' budget and making that adjustment from spender to saver. A newlywed, Katie candidly addresses how debt has influenced her choices in love and life. Look for older posts by Katie under the Single and Settling In blog. Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services.

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • Congratulations on being so close to the end!!  It sure is a good feeling isn't it?

• Congrats! I can't wait to feel the way you are feeling.

• I'm really excited about going with CareOne to get out of debt. I even had one of the credit card companies tell me they were very good.

• Katie,

i am very glad to hear you have almost made it!! it must feel great.  I on the other hand i  have just started and i am so excited to have CareOne on my side.  I feel like I can sleep tonight instead of worrying.  I too know now my end will be in a few short years.  Your story is encourging. Thanks!!

• Congratulations  Katie !!!!  I can't wait to be where your at, I still have 4 years and a few months.Thank you for your post it helps us newcomers ease our minds that we will get there .

• You guys make all the hard work worth it!  Thank you for the encouragement...I have to tell you, this week was a tough week on me from a financial standpoint - some unplanned for expenses :(.  But, I will make it through and stay on track.

• I started the program in July. They paid off 1 so far and almost done with ther second one. I was getting upwards of 15 calls a day from two differant creditors. They would each call every hour all day long. I just turned my phone to silent. They have now turned me over to collecdtions. I had 10 creditors to pay off.  So two down and 8 to go. I have also increased my payments by 25.00 a month and will make an extra payment in Nov due to an extra payday.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment