You CAN Have Chocolate Dipped Strawberries While on a BudgetWho doesn't like chocolate-dipped strawberries? Have you ever tasted one of those mouth-watering delicacies from Sherrie's Berries, or shoved your way into the crowd around a chocolate fountain at a wedding reception? 

Shamefully, I must admit that I am addicted to chocolate fountains and the array of dipping goodies that are offered along with them. I would willingly give up a plated dinner for the chance to dip and eat at the chocolate fountain for as long as I wanted.

Well, I was given a recipe for chocolate to dip all those luscious strawberries and other dipping goodies into that is absolutely budget friendly! 

I didn't think it would work, but I did try it at home and the results are amazing! Maybe some of you have already tried something like this but it is new to me. I am a good cook but I'm not a creative cook. I need a recipe to follow and the simpler the better.

Here's the recipe for Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries on a Budget:

You will need a fondue pot to keep the dip warm (I have a Little Dipper Crock-Pot that I use).

Start with a one pound can of creamy, ready- to-spread chocolate frosting and 1/3 cup of jam. I used strawberry, but you could also use a seedless raspberry jam or maybe even orange. In a microwave safe bowl, stir frosting and jam. Microwave uncovered on high for 20 to 30 seconds, or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Pour into small Crock-Pot or fondue pot. Keep warm over low heat, and serve within 1 hour.

That's it!  It's a two-ingredient fondue

Now you can get a bit creative! Think of all the delicious things you can dip into this easy dessert fondue . . .

• Luscious strawberries are a must . . .
  • Slices of banana taste great . . .
  • How about chocolate on top of chocolate?  Prepared brownie bites taste fantastic when dipped in the fondue . . .
  • Orange wedges are also yummy . . .
  • Pretzels are great for a sweet & salty taste . . .
  • And marshmallows melt in your mouth . . .

This recipe is another dollar stretcher because you are not using real chocolate.

My husband says, "If you can go first class without spending a lot, then do it!" To me, chocolate-dipped strawberries are first-class dining. Now I make this at home frequently and feel no guilt at all because I know that I'm going first class without spending a lot! 

If you are a "choc-a-holic," this recipe is just for you! 

Happy dipping!

Kimberly Johns, Customer of the Debt Management Plan with CareOne Services, Inc.Kimberly Johns

Kimberly has been on the CareOne Debt Management Plan (DMP) for just under a year. Kimberly is very active in the Community Forums, some of you may recognize her Community user name; Tiquie. Recently retired, she is going to share how she and her husband manage the financial challenges of living on a fixed income. The John's have found some really creative and fun ways to offset the limitations of a retirement income, which Kimberly is generously planning to share in her My Journey out of Debt blog! Compensated Blogger for CareOne Debt Relief Services.