My Journey out of Debt

Featured customers currently enrolled in a CareOne Debt Relief Plan, share journey to become debt-free; hear how they juggle family, finances, and more.

A New Year, a New Beginning

Rate This
  • Comments 2

A New Year, a New BeginningLooking back over the past year, I can see struggles we've had and things that we'll have to change or improve.

I don't want you to think just because we graduated from our Debt Management Plan that everything is hunky dory now. Life still has its struggles for us. We still have a lot of medical expenses and prescriptions that come up off and on. That might not be the same for you, but we have learned where our money needs to go and what we can do without. My wife, Nicki, is not always happy about it, but she knows that it is the way it has to be, for now at least.  

In the past, we have done a yearly review and decided we definitely needed to cut expenses.

I've talked about this one before but it was one of my better saving ideas. We were paying $145 a month on Internet, TV, and house phone. We are now paying about $65 a month. We still have our cell phones but we don't have one of those expensive monthly plans. I spend about $40 every two or three months on my prepaid, wireless TracPhone. I don't need all those bells and whistles as long as people can get a hold of me, and it really comes in handy when you need it.

Yes, we had to give up some things like the TV cable, but if we want the news or weather we can look them up online. I used to come home from work and flip through the channels on TV trying to find something to watch and get very frustrated. Now we have Netflix for about $8 a month and we don't have to deal with commercials. Of course if you can't live without those new reality shows or up to the minute shows, that might be a problem for you, but like I said, most of what we need we can find on the Internet and most of those other shows we can get later on our Netflix. 

There were other areas we had to look at for changes, but the changes are usually for the good anyway. I am also looking at ways to make money online with my own blog and an online store. It is not very productive yet, but it is a learning process.

If you look back at the past year and find things you can change to make your life a little easier, you will be doing yourself a big favor.
Let me know what you're doing or planning to do. I would like to hear from you.

Hope your new year is a prosperous one.

Dennis Bauman, Debt Management Plan Graduate with leading provider of debt relief, CareOne Services, Inc. Dennis Bauman

Dennis Bauman has been on a Debt Management Plan (DMP) customer with CareOne Debt Relief Services since October of 2007 and recently graduated to become debt-free!! Dennis Bauman works in the manufacturing industry, creating floor tile. Having officially completed the Debt Management Plan, Dennis Bauman is excited to share what his experience on the DMP was like as well as what made his experience a successful one. Look for more posts under the My Journey Out of Debt blog. Compensated CareOne Debt Relief Services Blogger.

Your comment has been posted.   Close
Thank you, your comment requires moderation so it may take a while to appear.   Close
Leave a Comment
  • * Please enter your name
  • * Please enter a comment
  • We try to bring in new bloggers each year to ensure we represent a variety of perspectives when it comes to our debt solutions. While we do compensate our CareOne bloggers, the opinions and experiences they share are purely their own.

• One more payment out of debt with two creditcards. Thank you , carecredit one.... 2014 will be great.  It's been a long 3yr!!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)